Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > ARKLATEX Ghost Hunters

Notices

Old 10-29-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Don't be scared of me

Ghost Hunters Lullaby Lane Part 3 Reveal

Jason and Grant go on the hunt TAPS

Witch of Endor

The Witch of Endor: from the frontispiece to Sadducismus Triumphatus by Joseph GlanvillIn the Hebrew Bible, the Witch of Endor of the First book of Samuel, chapter 28:4–25, was a witch, a woman "who possesses a talisman", through which she called up the ghost of the recently deceased prophet Samuel, at the demand of King Saul of Israel. After Samuel's death and burial with due mourning ceremonies in Ramah, Saul had driven all necromancers and magicians from Israel. Then, in a bitter irony, Saul sought out the witch, anonymously and in disguise, only after he received no answer from God from dreams, prophets or the Urim and Thummim as to his best course of action against the assembled forces of the Philistines. The prophet's ghost offered no advice but predicted Saul's downfall as king; Saul calmly accepted his doom and fell in battle the next day.

Saul sinned further in consulting this woman; the practice of necromancy was forbidden by the Torah.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:09 AM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Ghost Hunters Lullaby Lane Part 3 Reveal
Witch of Endor

The Witch of Endor: from the frontispiece to Sadducismus Triumphatus by Joseph GlanvillIn the Hebrew Bible, the Witch of Endor of the First book of Samuel, chapter 28:4–25, was a witch, a woman "who possesses a talisman", through which she called up the ghost of the recently deceased prophet Samuel, at the demand of King Saul of Israel. After Samuel's death and burial with due mourning ceremonies in Ramah, Saul had driven all necromancers and magicians from Israel. Then, in a bitter irony, Saul sought out the witch, anonymously and in disguise, only after he received no answer from God from dreams, prophets or the Urim and Thummim as to his best course of action against the assembled forces of the Philistines. The prophet's ghost offered no advice but predicted Saul's downfall as king; Saul calmly accepted his doom and fell in battle the next day.

Saul sinned further in consulting this woman; the practice of necromancy was forbidden by the Torah.
I know the story. I find this interesting because people often distort this story to mean that seeking out a prophet or fortuneteller will automatically bring bad fortune.

I do not believe asking for the advice from the wise or perceptive is, in any way, a sin. If it were, we'd all be in trouble. However, I do believe it is unnecessary. People have control of their own destiny. Neither the ghost nor the necromancer can change that. People tend to look above for their answers and they do not find them because they don't realize that the answers aren't above. They are right here, in our own minds, our own hands, and our own will.

That is the story that Saul was teaching us. He relinquished his destiny to fate because he believed he was no longer in control. He could have changed his destiny too, whether he had went to see the witch or not. If he had found the will to raise his own sword, he may not have fallen.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Saul's problem started when he would not listen to the Word of God. Man wanted a man King and they got one in Saul. The warning went out that this was wrong but Saul would not listen You are right about the fact that we can make up our own mind except for the elect. Hot or cold is better than luke warm.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:31 PM   #4
SBCmetroguy

Rep Power: 0 SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice
I don't know Bible stories, but I do know Ghost Hunters. That Lullaby Lane episode freaked me out and my wife and I both agreed that it has probably hurt their business. I'd never purchase anything from that freaky place for my child to sleep in!!
SBCmetroguy is offline   Reply With Quote