Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > What's for Dinner?

Notices

Old 06-11-2007, 02:44 PM   #16
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Do the potatoes and carrots dissolve cooking that long?
Nope not really. Nor do mushrooms of course, when I choose to add those. But the celery and onions nearly dissolve though. I was surprised the first time I made this receipe that the potatoes didn't completely dissolve but they don't. Once I used a package of "finger potatoes" from Krogers and that was good. (mix of baby white, gold, and sweet potatoes in a bag) I always like to change things up a little.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #17
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
No I don't. The recipe is actually a "crock pot" recipe. Sometimes I use a pot on the stove if I want to speed things up a little. But I might try browning the meat a little (with the flour stuck to it) and see how that goes and report back. I make this about once every 2 weeks or so. It feeds around 6-8.. It's hard to say. My wife and I usually have seconds so that's 4, and kids make 6, and we have a little bit of leftovers. So 6 to 8 is a good number. That's a quarter lb of beef each, plus veggies.

I have found that the big problem with beef stew is that everyone burns their mouth cause they can't wait 10 min for it to cool!
Is that anything like tasty wheat ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:04 PM   #18
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Is that anything like tasty wheat ?
yeah it's "nuclear hot" like tasty wheat or oatmeal.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:09 PM   #19
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
You know you could make that with chicken and call it chicken stew. I guess beef would be better because everything taste like chicken
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:01 PM   #20
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
You can remove peoples' signature images with Adblock.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #21
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Brainsmasher, I guess you didn't see the period ending one statement before beginning the next. You are doing this on purpose. But why?
Just like neither you nor Joe saw the term "only" in my post about the teacher/student bill. Why you ask? I'm fishing for compliments like you paid joe for doing the exact same thing to my post.

Quote:
Is it because everytime you post here, you get a reciprocal link back to YOUR site. I now believe that you are a troll trying to play the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) game. I will alert the admin of this site to the fact that you will argue ANYTHING that will get you search engine points. Scumming off shreveport.com is pretty low.
I certainly hope you DO indeed tell that to the admin, then he can get a laugh at your ignorance just like I did. Here's a hint, if you don't click the link, then I don't get a hit....and exactly how many users here do you think are clicking links to visit my site. Go on, just guess at a number, I double dog dare ya.
Quote:
To everybody out there, if you ignore Brainsmasher and do not reply to his points, I once thought he might go away. But then he will post astronomy pictures of the day, or anything to keep his link out there.
Seems to me I've told you once before I wasn't here for your attention.
Quote:
Brain, prove me wrong and remove your signature and act like everyone else. I dare you. I double dare you. Of course you won't because your signature is the whole reason you are here. A page right out of the Search Engines for Dummies book...
How about you believe whatever uneducated and unfounded nonsense your little mind can dream up and I'll make sure my signature continues to meet with the admin's approval rather than yours.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:15 PM   #22
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
See? I told y'all.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:45 PM   #23
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

This rhertz dude can brew the stew. You make sure you dry your meat with a paper towel Richard (Dick) Hertz

Click image for larger version

Name:	stew.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	1578
Old 10-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #24
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

LOL, I would never put peas in my stew. Stew is all about meat and potatoes. I would put okra in my stew before using peas. Peas are for tuna noodle caserole... Dang I'm getting hungry...