Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > CookBookin

Notices

Old 09-11-2006, 09:51 AM   #1
Bubba McMillian

Rep Power: 0 Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about
Smile Interested in selling pre-1940 cookbooks?

If you have any old cookbooks that you might be interested in selling please let me know.
I am interested in cookbooks prior to the 1940's that are in excellent to mint condition.
I would also be interested in any old Jell-O cookbooks prior to the 1920's.
Thanks you for your interest.

Last edited by Bubba McMillian; 09-19-2006 at 01:43 PM.
Bubba McMillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:07 PM   #2
buzzyboy

Rep Power: 0 buzzyboy has a spectacular aura about buzzyboy has a spectacular aura about buzzyboy has a spectacular aura about
Talking Test Post

I am learning how to use the sight.

I have heard you talk about jello books. Expound please.
buzzyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:51 AM   #3
Bubba McMillian

Rep Power: 0 Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about
Jello Cookbooks

I have a pretty substanial collection of jello cookbooks. You can go to the cookbookin group and look at the photos under Jell-O cookbooks to see some of the books I have collected over the years.
I would be glad to answer any further questions if I can.
I might be interested in purchasing these type of book if you have any - send me a picture or give me some particulars about what you have available.
Thanks,
Bubba McMillian
Old 11-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #4
Buck The Big Man

Rep Power: 0 Buck The Big Man will become famous soon enough Buck The Big Man will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Buck The Big Man
Wink Eh.... What's cookin Doc?

Nope, I have a few of that vintage, but I'm not interested in letting them go though.
I do however, if you're interested have a few electronic editions of old cookbooks, and housekeeping tips that date from between the 1800's to about 1934. All are in the public domain, and may be freely distributed.
I will be glad to share any of them with anyone who is interested.

"Keep a smile on your face,
and a song in your heart!"

Buck "The Big Man"

http://Buckthebigman.com
Buck The Big Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:12 PM   #5
Bubba McMillian

Join the Cookbookin Group

electronic editions of old cookbooks, and housekeeping tips that date from between the 1800's to about 1934

Buck,
It would be great if you could join the Cookbookin Group and post your electronic versions of cookbooks and housekeeping tips on the site.
Thanks,
Bubba
Old 11-16-2006, 08:37 PM   #6
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Bubba, you've reminded me of the ancient Betty Crocker cookbooks my mother kept in the cabinet above the stove. Those things, along with so many other treasures, were sold at the estate sale when my father passed away. What a unique and worthwhile hobby you have! I'll keep my eyes peeled for them, and I'll let my wife know to do the same when she goes to garage and yard sales.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:34 AM   #7
Bubba McMillian

Cookbooks

Al,
I appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing what you might run across. There are still lots of old cookbooks sitting on our mothers and grandmothers shelves or somewhere.
Thanks for the comment.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:35 PM   #8
Buck The Big Man

Rep Power: 0 Buck The Big Man will become famous soon enough Buck The Big Man will become famous soon enough
I'd be glad to post'em Bubba, if y'all can tell me how. I've tried twice now, and there seem to be no place for text files. I will be glad to post as either .pdf, or .doc if you'll tell me how to get those particular ones here. Remember, these are full books, not just a few recipes. I keep running out of space (10,000 character limit.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba McMillian
Buck,
It would be great if you could join the Cookbookin Group and post your electronic versions of cookbooks and housekeeping tips on the site.
Thanks,
Bubba

Buck "The Big Man"

Old 12-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #9
Bubba McMillian

Posting Your .pdf's or .doc files

Buck,
You can actually upload your file(s) under the thread we are on by going to the bottom under additional options and adding whatever files you want. It might be a good idea to start a new thread and add whatever files you want there. I would suggest you upload one file at a time. Once they are uploaded then you can go to forums under cookbookin under your specific thread and all your files should be there.
Let me know if you have any problems following these instructions or need any more help getting the information onto SBLIVE!
Thanks,
Bubba
Old 12-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #10
Hattie Thomas

Rep Power: 0 Hattie Thomas is on a distinguished road Hattie Thomas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Hattie Thomas
I would like to talk to youuuuuu

Mr Jello Pudding himself....

Hattie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:23 AM   #11
Bubba McMillian

Talk to me

You can reach me at 841-0198 or 0199 or my cell phone # 214-293-8500.
Thanks,
Bubba
Old 12-11-2006, 08:24 PM   #12
Buck The Big Man

Hope everyone is enjoying these old recipes. I can dig up a few others if needs be.

Buck "The Big Man"

Old 12-12-2006, 08:45 AM   #13
Bubba McMillian

Online Cookbooks

Buck,
Any online cookbooks that you have I will be glad to post for you. Just email them to me like before and I will get them posted.
Thanks,
Bubba