Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > SB Football Fans > New Orleans Saints

Notices

Old 09-25-2006, 11:35 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Saints Win! Saints 23 Falcons 3

The Superdome got a new roof after Hurricane Katrina. The New Orleans Saints did their best to blow it off again.

In an earsplitting return to their rebuilt stadium, the Saints gave the Big Easy something to cheer about - an undefeated football team that made it look easy with a 23-3 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Monday night.
CNN
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:40 PM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Did you see that

Holy @#$@# they won !! Saints Win Saints Win!!

Kept Atlanta to 3 points, how 'bout that DEFENSE !

YES!

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:24 AM   #3
kansast
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Go Saints !

REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE

I haven't had that much fun watching a Saints game in LONG TIME!

what I'm constantly amazed at, is that ol' Reggie hasn't done anything too incredible. Either has anyone else on the Saints team, but they have been all playing so well as a team. And the Defense just pulled through last night BIG TIME!.

Do we not have any Saints Fans around here ??

kansast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:03 AM   #4
Bubba McMillian

Rep Power: 0 Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about
Saints Win!

I told you they were going to win - I just missed the score.
Bubba McMillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:22 AM   #5
kansast
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba McMillian
I told you they were going to win - I just missed the score.
Yes you did.. you and a few other people tried to tell me yesterday the Saints were going to win. I just about refused to believe it, for fear of setting myself up for a big let down

So glad to see I was wrong !
kansast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:29 PM   #6
windshop

Rep Power: 0 windshop will become famous soon enough windshop will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to windshop
Unsinkable!

Who would have guessed it. Mardi Gras came twice in one year. I wish I had been there Monday night. I bet it was one heck of a party!

If "you know what it means to miss" her, you couldn't help but shed a tear Monday night.

Let's bring her back.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:53 PM   #7
Bob
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by windshop
If "you know what it means to miss" her, you couldn't help but shed a tear Monday night.
You about lost me on that one.. had to look it up. Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans But yes it was one heck of a game, lots of fun to watch, the Superdome looked great, and hopefully a good time was had by all who attended. I know there are those who complain about the money that was spent to bring back the Superdome. But I think unless we want to completely give up on New Orleans, fixing the Superdome was well worth the expense. If it does anything to bring back businesses ? people ? tourists to spend their money etc etc etc..

GO SAINTS !!!
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I am very happy to see the Saints win this first post-Katrina Superdome game. The Superdome bacame a negative symbol of Katrina, and no matter how much the cost, this reconstruction is a very important step towards recovery. Symbolism is important, and the Superdome is a symbol of Louisiana, like it or not, going back a long time. We skimp on roads, education, almost everything else, but not the Superdome which proves we can be as good as any place else. Now the Saints have a nice home, wouldn't it would be great if they took us to the superbowl! (fingers crossed)
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote