Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

Old 09-21-2006, 11:11 PM   #31
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I will stick my neck out and make a prediction. It will come down to 3 candidates; Jerry Jones, Liz Swaine, and Arlene Acree. This is purely based on all the yard signs I see around town.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:17 AM   #32
windshop

Rep Power: 0 windshop will become famous soon enough windshop will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to windshop
Repu (blicans) or (lsive)

I say thank god for the ACLU! It sometimes seems like they are all that stand between me and the republicans with their liberty destroying "Acts of Patriotism".
windshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:37 PM   #33
trkshot8

Rep Power: 0 trkshot8 will become famous soon enough trkshot8 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by windshop
I say thank god for the ACLU! It sometimes seems like they are all that stand between me and the republicans with their liberty destroying "Acts of Patriotism".
So you support this:
1.) The ACLU actively supports affirmative action. School admissions programs that consider race along with other factors are often necessary to achieve the vast educational benefits that flow from a racially diverse student body and to remedy past discrimination.

2.)The ACLU filed suit against the State of Alaska after it passed a law earlier this year that would have re-criminalized adult use and possession of small amounts of marijuana within the home. http://www.aclu.org/drugpolicy/decri...s20060711.html

3.)The American Civil Liberties Union of Maryland applauded today’s decision by the Maryland Court of Appeals unanimously ruling that the reckless endangerment statute does not apply to women who take drugs while pregnant.
http://www.aclu.org/privacy/medical/...s20060803.html

4.)Requiring patrol officers to use a bi-lingual written consent form whenever a search is requested during a traffic stop. Is it me or shouldn't everyone in America be forced to speak English at least a little bit?
http://www.aclu.org/racialjustice/ra...s20060803.html

These are just a few I found in a hurry and notice these are from the ACLU website.

I will also mention that it is sickening to know the ACLU represented a part time father that did not want his daughter to hear a prayer in school because he didn't believe in God.

I will also mention that it is sickening that they sued to change the Pledge of Allegiance in order not to offend people of differing beliefs.

I will also mention that it is sickening that they strong armed the retail industry into saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.

Is this what you support. I'm not saying support the republican party, but for heaven's sakes why would you support the ACLU?
trkshot8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:41 AM   #34
Ol' Blue Eye

Rep Power: 0 Ol' Blue Eye is on a distinguished road Ol' Blue Eye is on a distinguished road
Am Curious to Learn more about yoU

So are you saying that the ACLU has done nothing that you can support?
Ol' Blue Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:55 AM   #35
trkshot8

Rep Power: 0 trkshot8 will become famous soon enough trkshot8 will become famous soon enough
Whatever they have done that I may find admirable, it is most assuredly outshadowed by what they have done against my desires.
trkshot8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:11 PM   #36
SBCmetroguy

Rep Power: 0 SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice
Please vote for SBCmetroguy.

I'm a smooth talker who could make Jerry Jones sound like Stuttering John, I'm blacker than Ed Bradley, sexier than Liz Swaine ever thought of being, more knowledgeable than any of the no-name candidates (hint: Goeders, Ali, et al,) and I can relate to old people better than Vernon Adams. Anyone I'm leaving out? Arlena Acree... anyone? Well, obviously no one cares about her because no one spoke up.

And best of all, my striking good looks make Keith Hightower look like Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade.

The time has come, Shreveport. Rise up and vote for the only candidate who cares about you personally... SBCmetroguy.
SBCmetroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:48 PM   #37
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCmetroguy
Please vote for SBCmetroguy.

I'm a smooth talker who could make Jerry Jones sound like Stuttering John, I'm blacker than Ed Bradley, sexier than Liz Swaine ever thought of being, more knowledgeable than any of the no-name candidates (hint: Goeders, Ali, et al,) and I can relate to old people better than Vernon Adams. Anyone I'm leaving out? Arlena Acree... anyone? Well, obviously no one cares about her because no one spoke up.

And best of all, my striking good looks make Keith Hightower look like Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade.

The time has come, Shreveport. Rise up and vote for the only candidate who cares about you personally... SBCmetroguy.
Wow, I admit that you seem to have more appeal than most of the real candidates! Heck, I'll vote for you! (Since Al doesn't seem interested in the job)

Final question. Are you willing to pluck out your eyebrows and draw them back in with a pencil? If so, then you may very well be the super-candidate for mayor! Good Luck to you!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote