Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-30-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Do you keep a journal?

Or some sort of place to collect thoughts or literary works?

I started up an online journal type thing on a small website with little functionality, pretty much an online notepad for me to write things down when I feel like it. I had gone a long time of my life without using one, that combined with being extremely anti-photogenic.. I feel like I've lost a large portion of my developing life. Having one just makes me remember key events in the day, and whether I write it down or not, I still feel like they're attached in my mind a bit more than before where I had no goals or care about what happened.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #2
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
Or some sort of place to collect thoughts or literary works?

I started up an online journal type thing on a small website with little functionality, pretty much an online notepad for me to write things down when I feel like it. I had gone a long time of my life without using one, that combined with being extremely anti-photogenic.. I feel like I've lost a large portion of my developing life. Having one just makes me remember key events in the day, and whether I write it down or not, I still feel like they're attached in my mind a bit more than before where I had no goals or care about what happened.
No journaling now I did when I was your age though. I guess we pretty much document everything now with cameras! You need to be more willing to be in photos... you will regret it someday!! I do enjoy going back and reading my high school and college journals...oh boy the worries then are laughable compared to now!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:12 PM   #3
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
No journaling now I did when I was your age though. I guess we pretty much document everything now with cameras! You need to be more willing to be in photos... you will regret it someday!! I do enjoy going back and reading my high school and college journals...oh boy the worries then are laughable compared to now!
I really even don't care about missing the pictures things. I don't really like or support outside appearance, it's one of those annoying things you have to conform or stick out in, and it's not your choice either way. I'd rather just be involved with my mind and record those more intellectual advancements rather than something that's uncontrollable and incalculable.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:41 PM   #4
Macaca

Rep Power: 0 Macaca will become famous soon enough Macaca will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Macaca
ive had a diary for as long as i can remember, since i was young at least

i couldn't live without knowing the things i've done before, history repeats itself if you don't learn from it.
Macaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #5
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
I keep a journal when we are traveling... Special trips, vacations, small & large. I kept a journal during my recent trip to Rome - information and thoughts, too. Rereading the pages make those emotions so real again. I so enjoy remembering the thoughts to go along with the pictures.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote