Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 01-08-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Shots fired at Greenwood mayor's home

Someone fired two shotgun rounds into Mayor Ernest Lampkins' home early this morning as he and his family were sleeping
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Wow, 59 comments on Shreveporttimes.com on this subject. and 0 for shreveport.com.

http://forums.shreveporttimes.com/viewtopic.php?t=25767

Anyone know why? I like this site but not enough people are here.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:16 PM   #3
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Greenwood

I dont know what to make of that town. I recall a few years ago, there was a stink over who got to wear a red, white and blue leather blazer that had been purchased with town funds and worn by the then mayor, Jerry Melot. When asked about the issue, Melot replied that anyone in the town of Greenwood that wanted to wear the blazer was welcome to do so. I also seem to recall that if one were caught speeding and issued a ticket in the town of Greenwood, that rather than contest the ticket in court, you had to beg an audience with Melot, show up at his office, hat in hand, and convince him as to why you felt the charge should be dropped. So...what I want to know is, did that red, white and blue leather blazer remain in the town's custody and is it now worn by the current mayor? Cuz you know, if I ever move there I'm gonna want my turn to wear it. If anyone knows, speak up.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:28 PM   #4
ezlee

Rep Power: 0 ezlee is on a distinguished road ezlee is on a distinguished road
Never heard about the red, white and blue blazer, but somehow I just can't picture it being worn by Ernest Lampkins.
ezlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Did the blazer happen to be made of Kevlar by chance?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:33 PM   #6
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
I dont know what to make of that town. I recall a few years ago, there was a stink over who got to wear a red, white and blue leather blazer that had been purchased with town funds and worn by the then mayor, Jerry Melot. When asked about the issue, Melot replied that anyone in the town of Greenwood that wanted to wear the blazer was welcome to do so.
LOL, that's just funny. I used to work with ol' Jerry Melot long before he became mayor of Greenwood.. which just seems to add to the hilarity.

Anyway, the answer is to just use more Cow Bell Al !!

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:04 PM   #7
HOOTERVILLE

Rep Power: 0 HOOTERVILLE is on a distinguished road HOOTERVILLE is on a distinguished road
I actually saw the leather jacket and commented on how nice it was, but this was before I was told that it was bought with town funds. What was he thinking? Of course now I wish that all that we had to worry about in G'wood was a $300 jacket.
There are lots of comments on the shooting on this board http://greenwoodgov.proboards45.com/
HOOTERVILLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #8
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Haha...I hope YOU got your turn to wear it, Hooter. As a citizen of Greenwood, you're entitled. The rest of us can only look on with envy and jealousy.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:27 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOTERVILLE
There are lots of comments on the shooting on this board http://greenwoodgov.proboards45.com/
I have to register for a login just to READ this board?? I never saw that before. Here goes!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:17 PM   #10
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

KTBS -- Apr 21 2007 12:17 PM
Reward offered for information about shooting at Greenwood mayor's house
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote