Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 03-15-2007, 07:21 PM   #196
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 319 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I feel a disturbance in the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by 396
not to change the subject too much but speaking of bluegums.
I walked to the store on the corner a few minutes ago with my two gal gas can to get some gas for the lawnmower. I filled up the can which cost $5.15. I get inside and the girl at the counter says, " did you just get $21.57 in gas?" To which I replied, I have a two gallon gas can, I walked up here and I know gas is expensive but there is no way I got that much gas. She shook her head and was really confused. She gave me my change which too her a little while to figure out. I gave her 6 dollars. Change is 85 cents. dah! I get my gas can walk back to the gas pump to see what the hell she was talking about. She don't know the difference between 2.156 gallons and $5.15 cost.
Now for what I believe.

I believe we are in a world of hurt and the future looks bleak if we don't do soemthing. I don't care if you believe in God or evolution but something is wrong somewhere. Maybe, just maybe God created monkey and they were so stupid he had to give them a little help. MAN!. somewhere along the line we are converting back to simple primates.
Is Darth back in sheeps clothing ? I think the ghost of the Smasher is lurking among us
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:23 PM   #197
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 248 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
So "bluegum" is a racial slur. Cant say Im too surprised. Brain came pretty close to making a dumb ass racial remark about either the fact that my ex was of a different race or that my children are mixed. The guys a real ****heel.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:34 PM   #198
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 319 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Al consider the source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
So "bluegum" is a racial slur. Cant say Im too surprised. Brain came pretty close to making a dumb ass racial remark about either the fact that my ex was of a different race or that my children are mixed. The guys a real ****heel.
He will attack anything that post. I am sure you have a very nice Christian family and this poor guy is in love with himself. From the post I would say that Christianity is not in trouble. The fact is there are more Christians than people could ever know that do not go to church but do talk to their maker and God loves all his children. And after HE was finished HE looked as His creation all of it and said this is good. Each person has a soul no matter the race or color or genetic make up. There are people in all races that do not live up to a decent standard and they are the ones that give the good people a bad name.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:03 PM   #199
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 266 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Did ya'll scare him off?

Braindead hasn't been around here all day. Did he get tired of us because he finally got the picture? Probably not. Or could it be his alleged crime caught up with him today?
Old 03-15-2007, 08:04 PM   #200
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 263 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Right! When God said that we must honor and respect our neighbors, He wasn't just referring to people who live geographically next to us. He meant people of neighboring races, countries, classes, religions, cultures, and every other possible meaning of the word.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:10 PM   #201
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
I've been counting my blessings, too, lately. Theres so much to be thankful for, I dont know where to start. I'm a slacker too, Rhertz. I rarely make time for church, what with my hectic schedule. Everytime I drive past my church I find that I keenly feel THAT deficiency. But I DO find time for prayer during the workweek. Its a source of comfort thats never failed me yet.

I've caught myself losing patience with this "Brain" character. Its hard NOT to blast the guy when his posts dont make a damn bit of sense. But I think I'm gonna delete some of my less-than-charitable comments about him. Whatever else is wrong in this guy's life, his obvious problems are considerable, if not insurmountable. Good luck to ya, "Brain"...youre gonna need it!
I also don't know where to start. it seems like as years roll by, life just keeps getting faster and faster. My excuses are very legit. My family needs food on the table. But is that really an excuse for being a "workaholic" and neglecting family much less God my creator? How much time do I spend with my kids? How much time to I spend praying? How much time do I spend at church? Or earning a living? My priorities often times seem out of wack. but are they?

It is not easy doing what we do. Which isn't doing what we do, but rather deciding what not to do. That may sound wack, but hey there are only so many hours in a day if you catch my drift. I earn my keep, and I bet you do to. But something other people depend on us and we must carry the weight of others (as they have carried me in the past)

So here is my delemma. After a long week, either I can take my 14 year old son to the hockey game tomorrow night and drink beer and eat pizza and hotdogs and sleep it off the next day, or else I can go to bed early on Saturday night and wake up Sunday all bright and chirpy and go to church. After all, I'm no spring rooster! Which is more important in the big scheme of things?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:11 PM   #202
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 238 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
It is definitely a racial slur.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #203
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Braindead hasn't been around here all day. Did he get tired of us because he finally got the picture? Probably not. Or could it be his alleged crime caught up with him today?
No he is not gone for good. He is just probably gone out-of-town to a "Cradle of Filth " concert or something...
Old 03-15-2007, 11:15 PM   #204
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 238 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I also don't know where to start. it seems like as years roll by, life just keeps getting faster and faster. My excuses are very legit. My family needs food on the table. But is that really an excuse for being a "workaholic" and neglecting family much less God my creator? How much time do I spend with my kids? How much time to I spend praying? How much time do I spend at church? Or earning a living? My priorities often times seem out of wack. but are they?

It is not easy doing what we do. Which isn't doing what we do, but rather deciding what not to do. That may sound wack, but hey there are only so many hours in a day if you catch my drift. I earn my keep, and I bet you do to. But something other people depend on us and we must carry the weight of others (as they have carried me in the past)

So here is my delemma. After a long week, either I can take my 14 year old son to the hockey game tomorrow night and drink beer and eat pizza and hotdogs and sleep it off the next day, or else I can go to bed early on Saturday night and wake up Sunday all bright and chirpy and go to church. After all, I'm no spring rooster! Which is more important in the big scheme of things?
I have a solution for you.......take a nap before the hockey game then take your son to see it, but go home immediately after and go to bed so you can get up the next morning to go to church.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:21 PM   #205
Old Soul

Rep Power: 0 Old Soul is just really nice Old Soul is just really nice Old Soul is just really nice Old Soul is just really nice
Is this the same Brainsmasher who goes around posting a link on how to successfully shop lift from Target without fear of prosecution, and who sells Target merchandise from his website? The same BS who was suspected in not 1 but TWO mysterious deaths of girlfriends? Or was that EXgirlfriends?

Ofcourse, I could be wrong. Brainsmasher is a very common screen name. I see it on so many forums. So don't quote me.

You could always google it, I suppose.
Old Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:26 PM   #206
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
I have a solution for you.......take a nap before the hockey game then take your son to see it, but go home immediately after and go to bed so you can get up the next morning to go to church.
LOL, two things come to mind. One is the whole concept of a "nap" which I haven't had since the last time I had the flu some many years ago! Second is getting my son (not to mention my unruley daughter) up on Sunday morning, even if I am in the spirit. I'm sure they do not share my enthusiam. Let's face it, I lost ground many years ago.

My father is having surgery on Tues and now would be a really good time for me to attend church. Not so sure about fighting with the fam to gain some ground. I have another idea. I might go alone after giving everyone else the choice to go with me or not. (without a fight) That sounds whimpy compared to how my Dad dealt with us on Sunday morning. LOL, OMG even I have fallen victim to some political correctness over the years. The "leather strap" has definitely fallen out of style!

But I know what you mean. Don't mean to argue. Thanks Isabella for your thoughts.....
Old 03-15-2007, 11:31 PM   #207
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 248 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Soul
Is this the same Brainsmasher who goes around posting a link on how to successfully shop lift from Target without fear of prosecution, and who sells Target merchandise from his website? The same BS who was suspected in not 1 but TWO mysterious deaths of girlfriends? Or was that EXgirlfriends?

Ofcourse, I could be wrong. Brainsmasher is a very common screen name. I see it on so many forums. So don't quote me.

I dont believe in coincidences. This just gets juicier and juicier, dont it?
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:42 PM   #208
Old Soul

Rep Power: 0 Old Soul is just really nice Old Soul is just really nice Old Soul is just really nice Old Soul is just really nice
Collecting my thoughts on some of his responses. That whole cut/paste thing, about natives and christianity.

I don't have as much spare time as he does. I have to actualy work for a living, shop lifting at Target just seems to fall a tad bit short of my expectations. So could one of you kind souls please do some research for me? Copy/paste it, seems to make things easier for him, why not do the same?

What I want to know...wasn't Columbus actualy a criminal that the queen wanted to get rid of? Weren't all those people on the Mayflower CRIMINALS, that the queen wanted to get rid of? Cuz I'm just wondering, you know, if that were the case, then they weren't TRUE Christians. They were just wearing a mask.

He almost had me for a second because I am native american. But then again, I know all about cloaks and how a wolf can cloak himself as a sheep. Those weren't realy Christians who committed those crimes against nations of peoples. Just greedy people who were seriously misled.

Odd thing is, I'm not particularly religious. I'm just very spiritual. I allow all of my nieghbors to worship as they choose, even those weird ones. I just take offense at some lost soul attempting to tear down other's belief systems in some lame attempt to make himself seem all important.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:44 PM   #209
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Soul

I understand that you could be wrong. but just for the sake of discussion, if one were to google "it" up, what would be some keywords that one might type in to do so? Off the record, mind you...
Old 03-15-2007, 11:49 PM   #210
Old Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I understand that you could be wrong. but just for the sake of discussion, if one were to google "it" up, what would be some keywords that one might type in to do so? Off the record, mind you...
I would suppose, that any search I could lead you to, could possibly lead you to some OTHER brainsmasher personality, which we should not confuse with THIS brainsmash personality. I wouldn't want to get sued over this. I make a lot more money than he does and I would so hate having to support his sitting on his ass. Know what I mean?

Besides. I'm SURE it's just a coincidence.