View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:30 PM   #13
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
Pie, I travel the Interstate every day back and forth to town. The worst offenders out there are the 18-wheelers. At least once a week, I am faced with being nearly run off the road by one. We have lived in East Texas now for ten years and there have been a so many occasions when I have had to take the median or take the shoulder completely in order to avoid a total collision with one. I can not even begin to count the number of wrecks I've seen caused by them. My biggest pet peeve are the ones who like to ride my a$$ on the road. (No jokes please) The most interesting thing is I always see the po po pulling over cars but never a single 18 wheeler!!
I'm with Pie on this one. I've ridden with truckers before. I have an uncle that's a trucker and, though I never met him, I understand my father was too. Truckers not only have to weigh in at every station, but police are particularly rough on them driving wrecklessly because of the size of their rigs.

What people don't seem to realize is that these trucks also have physical limitations because of their size. For instance, if you're sitting at an intersection on a truck route and a truck turns from your right onto the road you're on, if you don't give them sufficient space, of course they'll come close to hitting you.

On a related note, it is not unheardof for these trucks to need to turn into the oncoming lane in order to make room for a right turn. This is a limitation of the rig and nothing can be done about that. The trucker isn't doing it just to be a jerk. A careful driver will give the rig its proper space and not try to run up on it or cut him off.