View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 11:49 PM   #7
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I too was disappointed, but not surprised. I heard that Nagin came from the cable TV industry which might explain a few of his background traits in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of monopolies like cable TV operators with their franchises granted by city governments.

The mindset of a "public utility" (even when it is actually private) is one of entitlement. I can understand when some underpriviledged citizens are "entitled" to free perscriptions or other government entitlement in a moral and caring society, but when huge (and I mean really huge) conglomerates are also entitled (buffered from reality) to "earn" guaranteed revenues, then you know the middle class is going to be screwed. Therefore to slide right into public office is not surprising to me at all. I trust Nagin about as much as I trust "the cable guy" to do a good job, which isn't saying much.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote