View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 03:43 PM   #46
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
"Very good, now how many of them gave first-hand accounts? And while you're at it, explain why the Catholic Church decides which writing to include instead of including all of the "divinely inspired" works? Surely they have noting to hide?"

Sounds Like to me If it was up to Brainsmash, Christianity would be ended.

the explaination of the catholic church comment, they are humans interpreting the bible in their religion, right or wrong. this means their is human influence at play, including politics and infiltrators.

Their is a fine line between secularism and religion these days.... you make that abudantly clear, why don't you use dante's poem about hell next time or the kitchen sink......
I have no desire to see the end of Christianity....in due time it will fall by the wayside like the hundreds of beliefs that came before, and it's certainly better than faiths which condone jihad or virginal sacrifices. Never the less, it's still not any different than any other method of controlling the population through fear of consequences...basically terrorism.

I'd simply settle for an admission that your religion is based on faith alone. You believe because you want to believe, not because there are indisputable facts supporting your opinion.

As far as your "explanation" it's always been human interpretation. Even "divinely inspired" authors are still mere human beings interpreting a message they believe came from a higher power.

You're very close to what I'm leading you too, but some of you just refuse to see it.

Last edited by BrainSmashR; 03-09-2007 at 03:55 PM.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote