Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Food & Dining (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Frozen beverages! (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1815)

Pocahontas 06-20-2007 09:52 PM

That mango drink sounds like it could be a little on the slimey side!:(
Oh I can't believe I forgot about homemade peach daquiris with Ruston peaches of course! :clap:

rhertz 06-20-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
How about a Mango Daiquiri ? :barf:

I guess the opposite of frozen drinks are flaming drinks.. You know, B-52s, Roman Candles, stuff like that... :barf: I haven't had one in many years...

Pocahontas 06-21-2007 09:46 PM

Yes I've seen some people down some kind of flaming Dr. Pepper shot. Somewhere on the internet there's a video of some college kid catching fire from drinking a flamer! I know one of you savvy ''youtubers" can find it.:)

rhertz 06-22-2007 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Yes I've seen some people down some kind of flaming Dr. Pepper shot. Somewhere on the internet there's a video of some college kid catching fire from drinking a flamer! I know one of you savvy ''youtubers" can find it.:)

Reminds me of a quick story. Many moons ago, a group of us went to Centenary Oyster House and ordered round after round of flaming drinks. We got pretty schnocked and spilled a couple and we laughed heartily. Finally the waitress came out and told us that the bartender had a message for us. He would no longer make us any more flaming drinks, only regular non-flaming drinks! I think that was before the "don't drink and drive" slogan was invented. :D

Pocahontas 06-22-2007 10:56 PM

Speaking of frozen beverages...I had a very tasty margarita tonight at Cantina Laredo. They brought 2 out because we got there during Happy Hour. Unfortunately I was unable to finish them both, but one did the trick!:D

rhertz 06-22-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Speaking of frozen beverages...I had a very tasty margarita tonight at Cantina Laredo. They brought 2 out because we got there during Happy Hour. Unfortunately I was unable to finish them both, but one did the trick!:D

I like the margaritas at Cantina Laredo... And at $11 for a Patron 'rita, they ought to be good! Overall, I'd rank the place at a solid 7..... Maybe an 8....

SDBK 07-22-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
My two fav's would be the Snow Bear at The Village and a margarita from Superior's. Me thinks I could use either one about right now!

Two of my favs too! And throw in the A&B Freeze from Ernests as well!
(again, not drinking them for 9 nine mnths tho) ;)

SDBK 07-22-2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman
This is not a frozen beverage but I like it very cold ;) that would be a Buttery Nipple.
Attachment 798
:yes: I prefer :peace:

My fav shot! So yummy!

Texasbelle 07-22-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDBK
Two of my favs too! And throw in the A&B Freeze from Ernests as well!
(again, not drinking them for 9 nine mnths tho) ;)

Well, for the next nine months I'll have to drink an extra for you!!!

Isaac-Saxxon 07-22-2007 08:23 PM

I am a fan of the Buttery Nipple. So sweet and smooth. Got to love those tigs with butter. ;)