Shreveport.com

Shreveport.com (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/index.php)
-   Local News (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   9 y/o killed on Highway (http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1745)

joepole 06-13-2007 08:26 AM

I grew up about 4-5 blocks from that hill and a couple years it actually snowed enough to sled down it.

AnimeSpirit 06-13-2007 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepole
I grew up about 4-5 blocks from that hill and a couple years it actually snowed enough to sled down it.

It's funny you say that. I grew up in Jonesboro where the road across our back yard was steep enough to sled on. When it iced over, people would come from all adjacent neighborhoods to sled down the hill. Talk about fun! :D The mayor would actually order traffic shut down there for the sledding because it wasn't at all a major road.

Then old Mayor Zuber died and they elected some jerk who wasn't aware of this event and he started putting sand on this road when it iced over. No wonder politicians get assassinated.

joepole 06-13-2007 09:02 AM

My house now is on top of a giant hill. If we ever get snow I'm going to have to have every kid within a mile radius on my front lawn.

joepole 06-13-2007 09:09 AM

My hill:

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/pho...ffa52677a1.jpg

piemaker720 06-13-2007 09:14 AM

Quote:

My house now is on top of a giant hill. If we ever get snow I'm going to have to have every kid within a mile radius on my front lawn.

This is very unlike you Joe, but I knew there was another side of you. Very nice and very nice hill at your house. Kids would love sledding there.:clap:

Texasbelle 06-13-2007 11:00 AM

Just think about it like this Joe: If there is snow this winter, all of US will meet at your house for sledding!! A little SBLive party at the Pole house! I wonder who can make it down that hill the fastest???????????

AnimeSpirit 06-13-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I wonder who can make it down that hill the fastest???????????

I'm putting my money on Snowman. :D

Texasbelle 06-13-2007 02:49 PM

That is a very good prediction Anime! The more you weigh, the faster you go down that hill, correct???????????

Isaac-Saxxon 06-13-2007 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasbelle
That is a very good prediction Anime! The more you weigh, the faster you go down that hill, correct???????????

That is so right Tbelle :D only you might end up with two black eyes as your gardens come undone :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Attachment 749
Texasbelle queen of the Snow Hill. ;)

Snow Man 06-13-2007 08:55 PM

Hey buddy get your hands off my old lady :mad: You know what happens when you roll Snow Man down the hill. The snow balls get very big and that is why the Snow Girls think he is cold blooded.:cool: I must get back to the freezer this LA weather is kicking my ice hole. :cool:

rhertz 06-13-2007 08:56 PM

Quote:

There is a drainage tunnel that runs all the way from behind Azalea Cleaners (by Pierremont Mall) under Line Avenue and under South Highlands Elementary all the way to Erie@Thornhill, where you can crawl through a small (18-inch-ish) pipe to emerge out of those rectangular drains. It's amazing we lived to adulthood.

LOL, I did not know that particular route. But I agree it's amazing we lived to adulthood. I have lots of stories but I don't want to appear to be too stupid all at once. :D But there was that time I plugged a DC slot car motor into our AC wall outlet. And that Cherry bomb in the neighbors mailbox with a time delay fuse (a cigarette burning to the fuse stuck in one end) And the flaming tennis balls soaked in gasoline. And the bottle rocket wars.... Oh did I mention wheelies!!

There was one neighbor named Peter Davis (who passed away I believe) whose father was a vet in the 60's and they had a baby chimp who would get on the back of Peter's Honda SL100 and they would ride wheelies up and town Dillingham. They even made the newpaper with picture!

LOL, today PETA would be on the scene with a lawsuit for endangering chimps with cruel and unusual punishment. But I swear that ape loved it! :D

rhertz 06-13-2007 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leadbelly
It's a blast! I ride My bike down that sucker all the time and hit about 35 MPH
The ride back up is a blast as well, the old heart hits about 172 most of the time. Makes it that much stronger. About five times in a row is enough.

:peace:

LOL, I remember going down thrill hill on my 10 speed in the mid 70's and it freaked me out. I really thought I was going to die! But I made it! whew! Never again.......

Isaac-Saxxon 06-13-2007 09:00 PM

Hey rhertz did you have any brakes on your bike back then or did you just drag your toes ?

Texasbelle 06-13-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow Man
Hey buddy get your hands off my old lady :mad: You know what happens when you roll Snow Man down the hill. The snow balls get very big and that is why the Snow Girls think he is cold blooded.:cool: I must get back to the freezer this LA weather is kicking my ice hole. :cool:

LMAO you are too funny Snowman!

Isaac-Saxxon 06-13-2007 09:06 PM

Hey that Snow Man is one cool dude :cool: Hope to see him post again when the winter comes around. Tbelle you looked great in that snow suit :D