Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Old 09-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
David Gilmour coming to SHREVEPORT

Saturday, sept. 15th @ 2:00pm- Tinseltown!
Yesterday, while peruzing davidgilmour.com, I came across this anouncement for a NEW live show in London, to be shown in select theatres around the world! I thought: "no way we'll see this HERE!" I was wrong!
Special guests include Richard Wright, Dick Parry, and Guy Pratt(from pinkfloyd)-Plus a few other celebrities. This will be a one-time-only deal, So don't miss out! I bought my TIX this morning and she said there were 109 left.....they wont last long

Last edited by vixweb; 09-03-2007 at 12:48 PM.
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
How much are the tickets? Where did you buy them at?

I had a chance to see Pink Floyd live around 1980 in california but I didn't go. One of the few regrets of my life.....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #3
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Shreveport needs much more concerts like this !! I hope we will see more in the future.
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
I bought the tickets for $12.50 at the TINSELTOWN box office, and you can get them online at the tinseltowm site. They won't be on stage-I think it is a "live feed"-ONE TIME ONLY . I saw on Gilmour's site that it was showing in 112 theatres in the U.S.(simultaneously), so I checked the listing and there was Tinseltown in Shreveport and a theatre in BatonRouge also.
If you've never seen PinkFloyd live, This may be the closest you will get! Check out his 2002 dvd called MELTDOWN- He is a mucisian's mucisian! I caught the PULSE tour(also one of my favorite DVDs) back in '93-'94ish and it was.....Incredible-
ISAAC? You gonna check this out?

Last edited by vixweb; 09-03-2007 at 09:02 PM. Reason: under line "one time only"
Old 09-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #5
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
That's a cool idea and probably not near as damaging on the ears...(I could be mistaken though??). I've never done a movie theater concert.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:56 PM   #6
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Thanks vix, just bought 2 tickets... hope to see you there. I'll be the middle aged guy with a 14 year old boy who I'm breaking in....
Old 09-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #7
vixweb
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Thanks vix, just bought 2 tickets... hope to see you there. I'll be the middle aged guy with a 14 year old boy who I'm breaking in....
I'll look for ya! I'll be in work clothes,I'm gonna have to skip out for a couple of hours of work I'm sure it will be an Awewsome show-
Old 09-15-2007, 06:01 PM   #8
vixweb
Advanced Member

WOW!! Absolutely INCREDIBLE show !!!!!!! There was a pretty good crowd-
Old 09-15-2007, 06:43 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Dang I forgot all about it. Today is my son's first homecoming and I didn't even think of it. Oh well, guess I've had a lot on my mind lately.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:21 PM   #10
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I find that astounding rhertz!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 09-15-2007, 10:49 PM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
I find that astounding rhertz!
yeah me too. It was the first time I ever bought tickets online and my printer is broken and I never had anything on hand to remind me. I forgot to write it in my calendar. Oh well, home a couple of folks enjoyed the extra leg and arm room.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:13 AM   #12
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
yeah me too. It was the first time I ever bought tickets online and my printer is broken and I never had anything on hand to remind me. I forgot to write it in my calendar. Oh well, home a couple of folks enjoyed the extra leg and arm room.
I think I'm most shocked that you were thinking of your son and his first homecoming as being more important! That wouldn't happen around here. Kudos!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 09-16-2007, 11:00 AM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I talk to someone this morning that went to the show and they noticed someone on this board get up and leave before the show was over
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:50 PM   #14
vixweb
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
I talk to someone this morning that went to the show and they noticed someone on this board get up and leave before the show was over
I know, I know....I was LUCKY to see as much as I did! I was on call, but work was piling up-Literally, while I was enjoying the show! There is nothing convenient about my job I know I didn't miss more than 5 or 10 minutes, and that was "bonus" stuff anyway....I had a GREAT time and I'm sorry you missed it Isaac, you would have LOVED it! It comes out on dvd Tuesday.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
I know, I know....I was LUCKY to see as much as I did! I was on call, but work was piling up-Literally, while I was enjoying the show! There is nothing convenient about my job I know I didn't miss more than 5 or 10 minutes, and that was "bonus" stuff anyway....I had a GREAT time and I'm sorry you missed it Isaac, you would have LOVED it! It comes out on dvd Tuesday.
So I caught some of it on TV and I will get the DVD this week. Wishing I was there.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote