Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #11
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 229 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
I don't know, because, well, I'll be dead, like the rest of you. Personally, I believe that religion is its own archaic immature attempt and holding on to life, something that nobody once or even now knows about postmortem. Have you died before? Can you tell me what this afterlife looks like? Have you ever met a person that has died before? No, because they are dead. I've read plenty of good stories, seen plenty of zombie films, this does not mean to say that I put my (whatever value it has) faith into the authenticity of that resurrected person's life.

If there were a hell, and I died now, sadly, I wouldn't be there, to all of your dismay. I was a born-again Christian once upon a time long passed, and according to you, your book, and your leaders, the change is permanent. I honestly hope I don't live on past this life, I've come to, you know, cherish the life I have, instead of being ignorant about it and trying to understand a falsity that my life will continue after death.

I recommend a few books such as Machiavelli's The Prince for your personal edification on how religion works with tyrannical societies like ours, read up, and don't take the first word for it, educate yourself and never cease. This is how you will become a better person, not by being a stagnant child and believing in archaic texts that proved no more than we can even prove now.

I am curious Santabot, I see you know secular works, have you ever read the Bible for comprehension of their beliefs?
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote