Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > World News

Notices

Old 08-12-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
The Blue Angels Crash

Click image for larger version

Name:	20070805_NWS_blue_angels1_tif-large.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1344
Months after crash, residents still await money, chance to rebuild
http://www.beaufortgazette.com/local...-5896367c.html
Lambert refuses to visit the site herself because she's still haunted by seeing Davis land there the day of the crash.
http://www.beaufortgazette.com/local...-5896361c.html
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:56 AM   #2
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I've said it many times. If you expect the government to take care of you, you will be disappointed every time...

Quote:
Six claims have been approved for payment and have been sent to the Department of the Treasury to distribute the checks, which takes four to six weeks, according to spokeswoman Jennifer Zeldis with the Office of the Judge Advocate General of the Navy.
Approval process aside, 4 to 6 weeks just to cut a check? Now that is pretty amazing. I hate to ask how long the approval process takes. After all, it could have been someone elses landing gear that tore through that home. You just never know with all those landing gears flying around all over the place.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #3
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Navy holds up press release, again

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/bri...-5928133c.html
I wonder why the Navy is not releasing the findings of this completed investigation.
Quote:
The release of the investigation into what caused the April 21 crash that killed a Blue Angels pilot during an air show in Burton has been delayed again.
The investigation by the Navy was complete in early June and since then has been undergoing approval and preparation for public release.
The original projected release date was late August. The next date was Sept. 1. Now it has been pushed back to Sept. 17 -- tentatively.

Last edited by howela; 09-08-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
Huldah

Rep Power: 0 Huldah is just really nice Huldah is just really nice Huldah is just really nice Huldah is just really nice
70 to 80 percent of all aircraft crashes are pilot error.

Huldah
Huldah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #5
howela
Advanced Member

Why the delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huldah View Post
70 to 80 percent of all aircraft crashes are pilot error.
I have a source very close to this story. He tells me the cause "Is" pilot error.
Something to do with throttling the engines to high to try to catch up as he had fallen behind in formation. Too technical for me to understand as my friend is "way" smarter than I am in this field. ( But I am better looking!)
The Navy has completed their investigation but continues to delay the public release. I am curious why. If the investigation is complete then tell the public what you found.