Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Michael Richards Apologizes for Tirade

Comedian Michael Richards apologizes for racially charged tirade
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 09:50 PM   #2
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Wow! At this point, I just feel sorry for this guy. I've heard clips from Jesse Jackson's radio show in which Richards further apologized for his tirade. The thing is, in today's politically correct climate, almost NOTHING Richards can say will ever satisfy those who are rightfully angry. Yet, try he must. There've been times when I shot off my mouth, too...usually after I've had one too many drinks. Ya wake up the next morning, hoping against hope that it was all just a bad dream and you didn't REALLY make a complete and total ass of yourself. All you can do is apologize to those you may have offended and hope they accept. Obviously, the situation is incalcuably worse when you're a celebrity or otherwise in the public eye.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:52 PM   #3
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Wow! At this point, I just feel sorry for this guy. I've heard clips from Jesse Jackson's radio show in which Richards further apologized for his tirade. The thing is, in today's politically correct climate, almost NOTHING Richards can say will ever satisfy those who are rightfully angry. Yet, try he must. There've been times when I shot off my mouth, too...usually after I've had one too many drinks. Ya wake up the next morning, hoping against hope that it was all just a bad dream and you didn't REALLY make a complete and total ass of yourself. All you can do is apologize to those you may have offended and hope they accept. Obviously, the situation is incalcuably worse when you're a celebrity or otherwise in the public eye.
All he had to do was blame it on drugs and move on....... You know, that old politically correct chestnut. "The drugs made me do it!" Preferably he smoked something a few hours before the show to blame it on, rather than his overall character and upbringing. Then go to rehab on an island somewhere for a week or two and come out washed, cured, and cleaned. This might even be quicker than apologizing for the next X years....

Last edited by rhertz; 11-26-2006 at 10:55 PM.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:29 PM   #4
Bob
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
All he had to do was blame it on drugs and move on....... You know, that old politically correct chestnut. "The drugs made me do it!" Preferably he smoked something a few hours before the show to blame it on, rather than his overall character and upbringing. Then go to rehab on an island somewhere for a week or two and come out washed, cured, and cleaned. This might even be quicker than apologizing for the next X years....
LOL not to bad an idea.. you should be his Agent
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:22 AM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Wow! At this point, I just feel sorry for this guy

I think the guy is funny and just looking at a guy on tv like that you never know the man inside. Everybody has there bad days he sure picked a bad place to have that bad day and yes we ALL are guilty of not likening other races it is just another way to separate ourselves in to groups. He was wrong no doubt but never loose sight that God made all man kind and He said
it was good ! I must say the PC/BS has gone way to far. Sticks and stones..............
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:17 PM   #6
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
I've been giving this Michael Richards thing more thought than it deserves, perhaps, but the more I think about it, the more sympathetic I become to this poor guy's misfortune. This politically correct, forced apology business only further demeans the man, and nobody buys the "path to healing" garbage anyway. I think he SHOULD apologize for the racial epithets, but without all the kowtowing and groveling. As long as we're all apologizing, I'd like an apology, on behalf of all European Americans, from "Public Enemy", "Ice Cube", "Apache" and "Heat" and all of the other rap and hip-hop groups who's songs include lyrics along the lines of "lets kill whitey and rape his women". Richards is getting raked over the coals just like Mel Gibson, and rightly so...but how about some reciprocity from the black community? White people dont have a monopoly on racism. Think about it...what could be more humiliating than to be bombing miserably with your stand-up routine, but THEN having somebody call attention to that in the rudest way possible? Besides accidently passing gas on a crowded elevator, I mean. As long as there have been people addressing large groups, there have been hecklers, but it seems the very height of rudeness. If you dont like or agree with what the speaker is saying you can demand a refund (if you paid) and simply leave! A good solution to this problem might be to have security waiting in the wings, ready to man-handle and forcibly remove the offenders in the most embarrassing manner, making it easier for the speaker to save face, brush off the incident with a witty remark and resume speaking. There'd be a whole lot less heckling goin on if the heckler knew he or she would be dragged out of the building by the ears.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 11-28-2006 at 03:39 AM.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:26 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The should be dragged out of the building by the ears

I agree there Al. This PC stuff has gone to far. Everybody has somebody they do not like and that is just life. I am sure he was just having a Kramer moment and it will pass. When he went on the Jessie Jackson show that was a all time low for anybody to do. Rainbow push is always first on the spot to
claim somebody elses problem to be the center of every thing that is wrong.
Isaac

I had never heard of the fork thing :-)
Old 11-30-2006, 03:14 PM   #8
Hattie Thomas

Rep Power: 0 Hattie Thomas is on a distinguished road Hattie Thomas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Hattie Thomas
America the Beautiful

Personally, I think that although it was both wonderful and terrifying to witness a fellow catholic release his inner demons it reminded me just how human we are.
Hattie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:04 PM   #9
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Catholic?

I was under the impression that Richards is a Jew.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:08 PM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

I was under the impression that Richards is a Jew.

I was thinking the same thing. He could be a Christian too :-) just a joke there brother Al ! I had never heard of the fork thing ?
Isaac
Old 11-30-2006, 07:17 PM   #11
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

He could be a Christian, too!

Hmm...I suppose he could. Christians and Jews are merely two sides of the same coin when ya get right down to it.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 12-01-2006 at 05:06 AM.