Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > SB Football Fans > New Orleans Saints

Notices

Old 01-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #16
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
LOL and apparently I can't seem to stay away.. or keep my eye off the NFL network channel or ESPN.. UGHHHH

No, don't see it being a blow out.. even as nervous as I am about this game.
Regardless of the outcome of this game.. given the Saints only won three games last year.. to make it into the second week of the playoffs this year is nothing short of amazing as far as I'm concerned.

Between a new QB, rookie Head Coach, and a few other rookie skill players, this season has been great. I think the fans down in New Orleans all understand this as well. Even home games that have been lost earlier in the year, the Fans hung around until long after the game was over, to show their support to the team.

I hate to think about it.. 2nd week of the playoffs.. Saturday Night.. New Orleans Superdome.. and what happens after a win or after a loss..

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #17
Cichlid Man

given the Saints only won three games last year..

You sound like you are preparing yourself for defeat I think the Saints have a good team and I do not watch much football but I do catch the Saint every time I can. They have a great team and this has been a great season if not the best season yet so time to tailgate and have a good time and watch them win it will be great.
Cichlid Man
Old 01-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #18
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cichlid Man
You sound like you are preparing yourself for defeat
not that I'm preparing for defeat.. I sincerely believe, if the Saints play at the top of their game.. they could go as far as to blow out the Eagles as they did the Cowboys earlier in the year..
But at the same time, I've been a Saints fan for some 30 years.. I'm accustomed to hard times.. so I'm hesitant to get my hopes up too high.. My kids keep telling me how the saints are gonna kick the Eagles @#@$ this Saturday.. as they told me they would beat the Cowboys when I was worried about that game They don't have my years of experience.. LOL

I just hope it's a blowout.. because I don't know if my heart could handle a close game !!

Old 01-10-2007, 10:02 AM   #19
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I just hope it's a blowout..

The day of the Saints is at hand and when you buy your beers get a bunch so they have to place it in a brown bag Just joking there late night but you do not want to drink to many beers before they win because you might not see the end.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:07 PM   #20
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
This thread can not die or the Saints will :-)

I just go a email from a company I do business with in PA and I copied my friend George's email after I ask him his thoughts on the big game Sat and here it is

However the game turns out it should be close. I am a football fan and an Eagles fan. I was more worried about the Giants than I am with the Saints(could be false hope though) I just hope the game is good. They played a back and forth game earlier in the year hopefully its a repeat with a slightly different outcome. (George)

Oh yea it will be the same and my friend George (nice guy) will be crying come Sat

Isaac
Old 01-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #21
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
However the game turns out it should be close. I am a football fan and an Eagles fan. I was more worried about the Giants than I am with the Saints(could be false hope though) I just hope the game is good. They played a back and forth game earlier in the year hopefully its a repeat with a slightly different outcome. (George)
I keep saying to myself.. that we beat the Eagles earlier in the year.. and the close game they played against the Giants.. well the Saints beat the Giants like 30-7 a couple of weeks ago.. that.. and gosh darn it, people like me

Old 01-12-2007, 07:28 AM   #22
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

well the Saints beat the Giants like 30-7 a couple of weeks ago..

I hope that game does not go to their head ? I think they play better when they come off a loss or a real close game.
Isaac
Old 01-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #23
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
I hope that game does not go to their head ? I think they play better when they come off a loss or a real close game.
Isaac
Yea.. the Saints have managed to pull a couple of win streaks together this year.. all we need now is 3 game win streak and we're ALL SET !!!

The saints of old used to choke all the time under any pressure. I'm trying to recall this year.. the saints first MONDAY NIGHT home opener in New Orleans.. It was a media frenzy, and the crowd was INTENSE, and the Saints won big against the Falcons! Then there was the Sunday Night game against the Dallas Cowbows.. at the time both teams were 8-4 I believe.. fighting for that 2nd seed in the playoffs, and the saints blew them away.

Just hoping they can pull that off just a few times this year, tomorrow night, in the Dome, a divisional playoff game.. .. UGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #24
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

The saints of old used to choke all the time under any pressure.

That would have been my daddy's Saints ?
Isaac
Old 01-12-2007, 04:39 PM   #25
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Tomorrow is game day

well tomorrow is game day.. i keep heading over the saints message board, for a little confidence.. many over there are expecting/hoping for a blowout performance from the saints..

here's a desktop wallpaper image for your enjoyment..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	saintspoloroidwall2wv9.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	969.8 KB
ID:	84  

Old 01-13-2007, 09:49 AM   #26
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

i keep heading over the saints message board

Time to get your front row seat and let it happen. By this time Sunday it will be a thing of the past
Old 01-13-2007, 10:32 AM   #27
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Time to get your front row seat and let it happen. By this time Sunday it will be a thing of the past
well, there's certainly no arguing against that By this time tomorrow it will be "history"

Alright folks this is it. Throwin' out all the stops today. When it comes to the saints I can be very superstitious. And try to keep things to a routine. For example, NO ONE in the house is allowed to wear any Saints jerseys on game day. Kids don't invite friends over, and I don't either, Always just me and the boys shoutin' at the T.V. Well tonight, I got some friends comin' over, kids have some friends and cousins comin' over for the big game. Saints' jerseys are optional

Anyone out there with some connections want to call in some divine intervention for the Saints.. please do so. I hope come half time I'm laughin' my ass off!.. I hope, I hope.

see you on the other side.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:08 PM   #28
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

call in some divine intervention for the Saints..

Saints are already Saints what more could they ask for They have the hot line and I am sure they are using it as I write this. There is no luck here just two football teams and the Saints have that home field going for them. It will be a wild night in the Big Easy.
Isaac
Old 01-13-2007, 03:00 PM   #29
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

pass the word

everyone is raisin' a glass to toast the New Orleans Saints today at 6:45 CST

I'll drink to that.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:17 PM   #30
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Pass the word "Patron" alone after the game

Can not start to early so I can see the end. If things go bad then I will start
at half time Good luck there late night I know it has been a tuff week but if they win next week should kill you
Isaac