Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 11-29-2006, 09:03 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Poll Says One-Third of Area Residents Could Leave New Orleans Within Two Years

About one-sixth of the best-off people who have returned to New Orleans and neighboring Jefferson Parish consider themselves very likely to leave again within two years, and about as many say they are somewhat likely to do so, a small poll indicates.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:28 AM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
They hinted somewhere in that article.. about their not being much difference BEFORE the hurricane hit ? That may have been Jefferson Parish, which I think is doing better than Orleans. As far as who might "leave in the next 2 years".

Last time I was down there was last April. One of the problems I could see for the people who were attempting to stay there.. assuming they had even had the money, they couldn't find people to do any of the work.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:59 AM   #3
Hattie Thomas

Rep Power: 0 Hattie Thomas is on a distinguished road Hattie Thomas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Hattie Thomas
"All is lost to he who hesitates..."

"Poll Says One-Third of Area Residents Could Leave New Orleans Within Two Years"

I ask...why the wait?
Hattie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie Thomas
"Poll Says One-Third of Area Residents Could Leave New Orleans Within Two Years"

I ask...why the wait?
I'm constantly amazed by some of the attitudes I hear from other Louisiana residents and their distaste for all things New Orleans ?

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong.. for all I know you like New Orleans but just don't understand why anyone would hang around.. ?

now I know, New Orleans has it's share of all things evil, crooked politicians, crime etc etc etc.. But I have been on so many trips to New Orleans, even since after Katrina. every trip fun, every trip a pleasure, filled with good food, good music.

I know there's crime, I know there's crooked politicians.. but for me it's about the rest of good ol' folks who live down there, it's about the music, it's about the heritage. and I would hate to see it all literally washed away.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote