Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

Old 07-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #16
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
hmmm, I'm almost conservative enough to like this guy Ron Paul!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:21 PM   #17
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
You can lead a horse to water, as they say. I just feel like, if he doesnt get elected, then everyone who votes against him deserves whatever the hell they get. Ya deserve big government, the abolishment of the Second Amendment, the income tax and the IRS in general, weak porous borders, the non-producing service economy, unfair/unfree foreign trade, meddling in other nation's affairs at enormous financial expense and loss of life, Mexico's poor livin here, the North American Union and everything thats wrong with America that Paul wants to fix, so you just go right on ahead and make that bed, then you sleep in it and enjoy the bed-wettin and the snoorin and nocturnal fartin cuz thats damn well what ya wanted! Trouble is, the rest of us have to sleep in that bed with ya.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:29 PM   #18
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Wanting to fix something and being able to are two completely different things. Hilary Clinton wanted to fix healthcare.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #19
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
No schit, Joe? Obviously the man cant do it all alone. He needs the congress and the American public behind him to effect these changes.

Oh, and I just thought of something else ya deserve...you deserve to be scammed and lied to. Over and over again. All the damn time...about everything. You deserve government beholden to special interest and big business. You deserve intrusive government, the kind that regulates every facet of your personal lives. You deserve to get effed in the A without the benefit of KY or even a reach-around by the goverment that YOU demanded.

And then...we all know what happens next. Thats right, you'll all sit around whining about how sore your fat asses are and beggin the corrupt self-servin incompetent government that YOU chose, that YOU elected, to provide you with some soothing ointment from the socialized medical system. Especially Joe and the newbie, who'll probably be crying the loudest about "ow my ass hurts, where's my free government subsidized inflatable donut, my free Preperation H, and my free Depends diapers cuz I am now anally incontinent from all the reamings Uncle Sam gave me?" And guess what Joe? There wont BE any of those freebies for your sore ass cuz the healthcare system'll be bankrupt! But you'll be there at the clinic regardless, asking the illegal alien behind the counter in your best broken high-school spanish for crackcream and she'll be sayin in her best broken english "I'm so sorry, Senor Hole, scuse me, Pole, but we just gave the last one to Senor Vix. Come back manana!" And that'll be a sad day indeed for America, wont it Joe?

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 07-19-2007 at 08:05 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #20
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Sounds to me,Al, that your more than a little confused. All the stuff your ranting about is a part of the Liberal agenda, I thought we were talking about Ron Paul? How effective would he be? If Socialized Health care is your concern, complain to the Libs- it's not MY agenda. You seem pretty excited, Is your mind made up about paul? maybe you should give it some time-
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 PM   #21
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Thats right, Pilgrim. If anything, its you thats confused. Who the hell do you think Obama and Hitlery and Edwards are? They are liberals. Just what the hell kind of agenda do ya think they have? Yes, we're talking about Ron Paul, and if you'd read ANYTHING about the man, you'd know that he is against all of those things I was on a "rant" about.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:26 PM   #22
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I agree with a lot of the things he says. I disagree with some of the things he says. Even if I agreed 100% with what he believes ought to be the way the country is, he is absolutely not the man that can make it happen. He would not make a very good President, which is fine because he has absolutely no chance of ever becoming President.

Extremists are worthless, and he is the worst kind of extremist: an idealist.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:30 AM   #23
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I agree with a lot of the things he says. I disagree with some of the things he says. Even if I agreed 100% with what he believes ought to be the way the country is, he is absolutely not the man that can make it happen. He would not make a very good President, which is fine because he has absolutely no chance of ever becoming President.

Extremists are worthless, and he is the worst kind of extremist: an idealist.
"Absolutely not the man that can make it happen"? You got that right...long as there are short-sighted sheeple who're afraid of progress and positive change, it'll never happen. "He would not make a very good president"? As compared to who, exactly? Clinton? Bush Sr. or Jr.? Reagan? Carter? Ford? Nixon? LBJ? JFK? You're joking, right? Define what constitutes "a very good president". Would that be somebody who'll make the needs of the country and his constituents top priority? Somebody with honor and integrity? Somebody who understands that he governs by consent of the governed? Somebody who has never abused his office or used his position to enrich himself? Somebody who says what he does and does what he says? Somebody who's voting record refects that? Somebody who's actions are governed by strict adherence to the Constitution? Somebody who believes government should be as small and transparent and unintrusive as possible? Somebody who believes that your money is yours? Somebody who believes that America is truly "The Land of The Free", and should forever remain that way? Well guess what, Ron Paul is that somebody. Check it out for yourself, you'll see that its a true. But maybe all of these qualities dont add up to your idea of a good president. Maybe you're satisfied with the status quo. Well I'm not. The status quo sucks ass, Joe, and I'm sick to death of it. Show me a better, more qualified candidate and we'll talk. Till then, I cant take anything you say seriously, because you dont have any answers. Hell, you dont even have the questions. All you've got are trite witticisms and baseless criticisms.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 07-20-2007 at 04:48 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:29 AM   #24
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Tell us Al, Since your his boy, why does Paul oppose the war in Iraq? Why does he want to re-investigate 911? Why does he oppose the patriot act? Does he think Bush knew about 911 and didn't stop it? Does he think Iraq has nothing to do with the war on terrorism? He sounds like a wacko- no matter what you say.
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:37 AM   #25
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I would like to know what he has to say on these same questions.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:06 AM   #26
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
To know Ron Paul's answer to either of those questions, one simply needs to look to the Constitution.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #27
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
To know Ron Paul's answer to either of those questions, one simply needs to look to the Constitution.
You trust politicians that much Well now I will want to hear him debate and see his web site. All politicians lay claim to the Constitution and yet they never agree with each other.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paul.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1115
This will place a face with the name (Ron Paul) Kind of sounds like a Pope
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:45 AM   #28
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
You trust politicians that much Well now I will want to hear him debate and see his web site. All politicians lay claim to the Constitution and yet they never agree with each other.
Attachment 1115
No I don't trust politicians of any sort. But Ron Paul sounds like no politician I've ever heard.

I bet you Isaac, that other than the war in Iraq, you would be hard pressed to disagree with anything else he has to say, on any issue.

Quote:
In Congress, Paul adhered to small-government conservative and libertarian principles. He has never voted to raise taxes or congressional pay and refuses to participate in the congressional pension system or take government-paid junkets.[2][3]

Paul supports free trade, tighter border security, gun ownership, and a return to free market health care. He opposes foreign interventionism, the income tax, Medicare and Medicaid, universal health care, the war on drugs, He is personally pro-life and opposed to abortion, which he thinks should not be regulated by the federal government, and thus Roe v. Wade should be overturned. He also believes that the federal government should have no influence on education.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #29
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

The war in Iraq is a key issue because this is one of the major breeding grounds for terrorist. This is the same as the people that bashed Vietnam and did not support our troops. The troops know there doing the right thing and lucky for us we have a President that does not care about the bleeding hearts and does the right thing no matter the political damage. I will keep a eye on Paul and time will tell if he will even matter at all. If he does then I will spend even more time reading about him. I do not think any president can do much with the spineless bastards we have in Congress. That is on both sides of the isle.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #30
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Attachment 1115
Yes or a drag queen! Meet RuPaul!
Click image for larger version

Name:	RuPaul.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1118
Sorry guys just thought I'd lighten the mood. I'll let y'all get back to debating!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote