Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Old 04-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #31
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Ok I actually gave Brain some rep points for the first time.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:34 PM   #32
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Ok I actually gave Brain some rep points for the first time.
. . . why?
Old 04-25-2007, 10:40 PM   #33
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
because (a) I agreed with his post, and (b) the notion of him having 4 red cans and you having 1 green can.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:44 PM   #34
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
because (a) I agreed with his post, and (b) the notion of him having 4 red cans and you having 1 green can.
I think they're just squares, and he's built his reputation over time, I assume, whereas I've only briefly been involved here.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:46 PM   #35
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
I think they're just squares, and he's built his reputation over time, I assume, whereas I've only briefly been involved here.
Well I was being sort of facetious about the squares..
Old 04-26-2007, 05:37 AM   #36
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
As I said, state this event and educate me if you're that knowledgeable about these specified events you're citing.

It should be enough for you to know that in 1988 at age 17 I was arrested for simple burglary and have that permanent record I'm warning YOU about, by age 36 I've buried a total of 6 friends/family members resulting directly from their drug use. We're talking AIDS, suicide, overdoses, and murder. I've had two girlfriends murdered one of which is not included in the above number, Kelly's body hasn't been recovered after 16 years and I was the prime suspect for 7 months until the murderer confessed to killing Wendi. I even have 1 friend serving 2 consecutive 55 year sentences for 2 counts of Attempted Capital Murder in Dallas. He'll be eligable for parole when we're 82.....needless to say, Dave may as well be dead too. Sound like the kind of life you want to lead Mr. It'll never happen to me?

If you "knew" any of those people then I'd be more inclined to share their stories with you, but you don't so you can either learn from their mistakes and the mistakes your own friends will make, or you can wait until you're sitting in jail or laying in a coffin before you get it.

The choice is yours and yours alone....

Last edited by BrainSmashR; 04-26-2007 at 05:49 AM.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:27 AM   #37
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
They ARE just squares but they represent something very specific. What you are unaware of is that just a very short time ago the visual indicators were accompanied with specific numerical data. In addition to 4 red blocks I have a -313 reputation. Why is the numerical data gone while the "graph" and the ability to approve and disapprove of posts is still available, I don't know.....you'll have to ask the admin.

This is another example of something you could have learned just by listening or even asking questions. Instead, in typical teen fashion, you have an opinion and therefore the implication rhertz made cannot be correct, right?

BTW, I joined 2 months ago. You might be surprised to see how quickly those who get off exploiting the feature can drive you into the red.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:58 AM   #38
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
It should be enough for you to know that in 1988 at age 17 I was arrested for simple burglary and have that permanent record I'm warning YOU about, by age 36 I've buried a total of 6 friends/family members resulting directly from their drug use. We're talking AIDS, suicide, overdoses, and murder. I've had two girlfriends murdered one of which is not included in the above number, Kelly's body hasn't been recovered after 16 years and I was the prime suspect for 7 months until the murderer confessed to killing Wendi. I even have 1 friend serving 2 consecutive 55 year sentences for 2 counts of Attempted Capital Murder in Dallas. He'll be eligable for parole when we're 82.....needless to say, Dave may as well be dead too. Sound like the kind of life you want to lead Mr. It'll never happen to me?

If you "knew" any of those people then I'd be more inclined to share their stories with you, but you don't so you can either learn from their mistakes and the mistakes your own friends will make, or you can wait until you're sitting in jail or laying in a coffin before you get it.

The choice is yours and yours alone....
And I don't doubt your story at all, but I believe you think I'm involved in some things I'm very much not a part of. I am very humanistic, and could not even imagine committing a brutal crime or murder, there's just no way, and no need for me to do so. I'm not involved with anything more than the drugs that you can smoke or drop, no needles or odd methods of ingestion for me, I know what drugs can do to people, my friends are already showing signs of it, but I keep away from what I see them doing because I know what things it can cause. I am not a thief, I have no reason to burglarize, and it's not just doing drugs that causes you to get there to a point where you have to steal to "survive?" or make ends.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:12 AM   #39
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
And I don't doubt your story at all, but I believe you think I'm involved in some things I'm very much not a part of. I am very humanistic, and could not even imagine committing a brutal crime or murder, there's just no way, and no need for me to do so.
Do you think crackhead Steve was born a crackhead?
Do you think Mike contracted AIDS sharing a joint after school?
Do you think Lance was mixing Methadone and Xanax when were were hanging out?
No, these were activities they progressed to later on in life.

Look kid, I'm not trying to tell you smoking pot is any worse for you than smoking cigarettes, but unlike cigarettes, the consequences of doing drugs are significantly higher and you might not have the ability to quite or every realize it IS time to quite and move on to the next stage of life. Thousands upon thousands of people have been down the path you're about to take, and as I indicated earlier, a lot more people than you think will fail to complete the journey.
Quote:
I'm not involved with anything more than the drugs that you can smoke or drop, no needles or odd methods of ingestion for me,
Like LSD huh. In college, Mike and James stopped on the side of the road to take a leak one night tripping. Mike got hit in the back of the head with a side mirror of a truck. Some of you Natchitoches folks might remember the cross across the By-Pass from Con-Agra through-out most of the 90's. WHY was he just pissing out on the side of the road instead of in the grass or ditch or his home? Hmmmm, I guess he was on a mind altering substance he "dropped" that severely altered his judgment at a rather critical time.

BTW, Mike isn't one of the above numbers either....we weren't friends, he was a pledge in the fraternity some of my friend were in. Just a kid going to college here like you might be in a year or so....
Quote:
I know what drugs can do to people, my friends are already showing signs of it, but I keep away from what I see them doing because I know what things it can cause. I am not a thief, I have no reason to burglarize, and it's not just doing drugs that causes you to get there to a point where you have to steal to "survive?" or make ends.
correction, you aren't any of those things today.

Last edited by BrainSmashR; 04-26-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:56 AM   #40
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
And I don't doubt your story at all, but I believe you think I'm involved in some things I'm very much not a part of. I am very humanistic, and could not even imagine committing a brutal crime or murder, there's just no way, and no need for me to do so. I'm not involved with anything more than the drugs that you can smoke or drop, no needles or odd methods of ingestion for me, I know what drugs can do to people, my friends are already showing signs of it, but I keep away from what I see them doing because I know what things it can cause. I am not a thief, I have no reason to burglarize, and it's not just doing drugs that causes you to get there to a point where you have to steal to "survive?" or make ends.
The crimes and burglarizing begin when you become addicted and have to have your fix at any and all costs!! You become a different person altogether.
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:57 AM   #41
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Don't worry boy, you're building your reputation and building it fast. It's not looking pretty for you. Red cans (they are called cans around here!) should start appearing any day now for you. Furthermore learn to respect people and not speak to them in the manner that you have such as Isabella. One would think that you had learned something in church. Also, could you clean up your potty mouth a little? You are 17.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:03 AM   #42
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Brain!!!

I have to say to you....I know that many of us have our differences in opinion with you but I want you to know from my heart that it is very touching to me to see you trying to reach this kid. It is awesome to see you sharing your life experiences and trying to turn them into something positive for this kid. I hope it will sink into his noggin and he will learn from you. Obviously you have learned some lessons from life that he could learn from. Whether he choose to or not at this time is his choice. We have all tried to reach him in the last couple of days and at this point, it appears futile. Perhaps though we have planted seeds.

Good job Brain! T'Belle
Old 04-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #43
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I have to say to you....I know that many of us have our differences in opinion with you but I want you to know from my heart that it is very touching to me to see you trying to reach this kid. It is awesome to see you sharing your life experiences and trying to turn them into something positive for this kid. I hope it will sink into his noggin and he will learn from you. Obviously you have learned some lessons from life that he could learn from. Whether he choose to or not at this time is his choice. We have all tried to reach him in the last couple of days and at this point, it appears futile. Perhaps though we have planted seeds.

Good job Brain! T'Belle

Well just so you don't get comfortable.

How come when I discuss differences of opinion with him it's "reaching out" but when I do the exact same thing with Christians I'm "attacking their faith"?
Old 04-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #44
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Because you "attack" Christians literally. When you have been speaking to these boy, you have been talking to him in a much different tone. It's been a nice refreshing change.

But hey let's not argue about it today. I am really enjoying watching you try to help this kid.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:55 AM   #45
refugen3

Rep Power: 0 refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice refugen3 is just really nice
Unhappy It's meaningless

Quote:
Are you initiating those votes in congress? I don't believe so. Your vote does not mean anything unless you send it to the two major political parties with the same agenda behind them: making money.

If I end up in jail, then that's under circumstance alone, as criminals like myself get away with things every day, and it's purely by chance that anyone is ever caught and reprimanded for their actions. By the by, I've been caught before by police with drugs and been let off.

No drug dealer ever came to me wanting to sell drugs, I researched them for myself and administered them myself without any other help from people near me. You, like everyone else here, don't know my situation or my past and can't speak for anyone except yourself, to which you've done nothing so far; all you can do is reply to people by telling them they're wrong.

Although I, like many others on this site don't agree with most of your views I do see a passion in your responses.
I haven't been on for a while, ( life gets in the way) but I see you have some strong opinions.

1st - I have struggled at times with the pres. candidates, but have always voted the lesser evil. If all people came to the plate as you thinking their vote doesn't count we would leave it up to others who are bold enough to do so. I for one will vote in every election - research what is available and make the best decision for me. There are times I would prefer to vote for an independant candidate - but as you say it seems meaningless to do so. ( Ross Perot)

2nd - It's shameful, in my opinion, that a person would disobey the law on purpose because they do not fear being caught. I would hope all persons would have enough sense to realize that in hurting themselves ( be it alcohol, drugs (perscribed or otherwise), nicotine, driving irresponsibly, misuse of guns, stealing, prostitution, gambling, lying etc. etc.) you ultimately hurt others. If you think this is untrue, you decieve yourself

3rd one of my favorite quotes is this " Test all things; hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil." Saul of Tarsus
refugen3 is offline   Reply With Quote