Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Old 04-25-2007, 05:18 AM   #46
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
"Pascal's Wager" is true for now

There will come a time in the near future that it will be to late for "Pascal's Wager" and the gnashing of teeth will take the place of "Pascal's Wager". I would say that this young man is just getting to the age where he can see out of the nest and like LN said life will teach most of us the lessons that no single person can teach us. I have a question for the new avatar Santabot. Do you in any way know brain from other forums or even your personal life ?
Al as always I like you and your post and God Bless you and your family Sir
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:10 PM   #47
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Hmm, I wonder what Pascal's Wager says for people who are neither Christian nor Atheist.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:58 PM   #48
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
Yes, I am a-theistic. Without-God. I do not believe in a supreme being, if you are trying to pin me to that. I never stated once and never will state otherwise.

But I do not claim "I am an atheist" because doing so would make me related to a specific organization or loose collectivist idea to which I don't necessarily represent or uphold. I have my own personal beliefs, and those beliefs do not include a deity, yes, if that is what you want me to explain.
I read on one of your drug posts that you are a born again Christian, I read on your own Santabot post that you attend a local church currently and it's extra curricular activites and I read on this post that you are of athiest beliefs. Will the real Santabot please stand up?
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:40 PM   #49
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I read on one of your drug posts that you are a born again Christian, I read on your own Santabot post that you attend a local church currently and it's extra curricular activites and I read on this post that you are of athiest beliefs. Will the real Santabot please stand up?
I think you will have to wait until the school bell rings and the bus runs then he will be on line

athiest (Atheist ) you can down load spell check I had too

activites (activities) it is real easy just click on ABC top right

Just trying to help a new member Welcome to the board Pocahontas !

The Saxon
Old 04-25-2007, 04:00 PM   #50
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Hmm, I wonder what Pascal's Wager says for people who are neither Christian nor Atheist.
The Pug is Buddist. She seems smart, so I asked her. She gave a snort and said that it pertains to a every living creature at a basic level regardless of religous affiliation or species. (Affililation sure is a big word for a dog, I told you she is smart)

Seriously, do you believe in a single living God as being a higher power or not? Not gods (pronounced gods-za) but God? Not a statue but God? Not the sun or moon, but God? If asked the questions, "who is my lord? Who do I bow to and pray to?" and your answer is __fill_in_blank___, and you put anything in "fill in blank" other than the word "God", then I'm guessing Pascal's Wager would apply to you.

IMHO, there is much to gain by believing in a single living God who is as generious and loving as He is. And that's all I have to say about that.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:18 PM   #51
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I think you will have to wait until the school bell rings and the bus runs then he will be on line

The Saxon
Well excuse me Mr. Spelling Police...activities was a typo, I don't mind not being familiar with how to spell Atheist....and lastly I believe YOU incorrectly spelled your own name!!! Saxxon has had 2 xx's in your previous posts!!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:21 PM   #52
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Well excuse me Mr. Spelling Police...activities was a typo, I don't mind not being familiar with how to spell Atheist....and lastly I believe YOU incorrectly spelled your own name!!! Saxxon has had 2 xx's in your previous posts!!
Just hit him with some negative rep points! That ought to teach him! (duck)
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:21 PM   #53
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
I have to believe what the United States government projects in order to live here? Certainly not.

It is not by my choice that I attend a local church, it's because of family, they are very aware of my religious stance and I express it openly as often as possible. Where has there been a deviation in any of my posts? Atheists can attend any religious service they like, may I interest you in looking at Unitarianism?
Old 04-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #54
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:

The Saxon
I don't ride any bus, I own a vehicle that I purchased on my own accord. Thank you very much.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:26 PM   #55
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Isaac checking Pokies Spelling: Funny
Rhertz making a suggestion about points: Pretty Funny:
Pokie beating Isaac at his own game: PRICELESS

Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:27 PM   #56
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
I don't ride any bus, I own a vehicle that I purchased on my own accord. Thank you very much.
Do you drive up and down the road wasted ? If so what color and make car so I can watch out for you coming down the road. DWI is no joke ! Don't do it you will pay the price.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:30 PM   #57
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Do you drive up and down the road wasted ? If so what color and make car so I can watch out for you coming down the road. DWI is no joke ! Don't do it you will pay the price.
DWI =/= DUI. As previously stated: I don't drink, almost never. I've only even done that a handful of times in my life.

For your information, yes I have driven (at peak) maybe 75% of the time high, and am even more cautious a driver. I really don't care what you or anyone will tell me about how dangerous that is, but I'm sure you can find plenty more petty things to worry about. Aren't you supposed to be waiting to die? Doesn't that put you in a better place, according to your Holy book? Why should you care anyway?
Old 04-25-2007, 04:32 PM   #58
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Now you see, you have proven your stupidity in this area....

DUI: Driving under the Influence which means the influence can be of alcohol or drugs. You can be arrested for be under the influence of drugs and yes officers can detect that and request for a blood level to be drawn.

I would hate for you to find out about this the hard way.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:33 PM   #59
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Listen here Squaw I have used two XX's in Saxxon from another web site that I log in on and the single X was already used on that site. So if you had read my early post you might have caught that You can use one X if you spell check is down loaded you will catch it then
Old 04-25-2007, 04:36 PM   #60
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Now you see, you have proven your stupidity in this area....

DUI: Driving under the Influence which means the influence can be of alcohol or drugs. You can be arrested for be under the influence of drugs and yes officers can detect that and request for a blood level to be drawn.

I would hate for you to find out about this the hard way.
I already have been caught, if you read my statement in another post. There was smoke billowing from my vehicle, and he still let me off, you don't know the circumstances so don't pretend to.