Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Local News

Notices

Old 09-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #1
Mudbug

Rep Power: 0 Mudbug is on a distinguished road Mudbug is on a distinguished road
which local tv station?

Why do you watch the station you watch for local news?

If you follow on the internet as well, which local news website do you frequent, and why?

Is it all about the presentation of graphics, the anchors, the weathermen/women? Or is it something else?
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
Mudbug

Rep Power: 0 Mudbug is on a distinguished road Mudbug is on a distinguished road
not to reply to my own thread...

I watch KTBS (3) more than the others. I feel I get better coverage on local items than I do on the other stations. KSLA (12) is fine - their staff seem to know what they're doing, I just like the KTBS format better. KTAL (6) has come a long way in the last few years after completely gutting what it had before (which was AWFUL), but it still has the overall feeling that it's a training ground station for newly graduated journalism students.

As for the internet side of things, this is probably why I watch 3 more than the others. Their site is easier to navigate, has an easier to follow layout, and has by far the best weather coverage of the three locals. Their weather page alone is worth coming back for.

something that really bothers me about the channel 12 website is that instead of putting up written stories that are concise and easy to read, they instead want to just link to video snippets of their news broadcast. That's great, if you want to use Windows Media Player, but for those of us that refuse to do that, the majority of their site is unusable.

As for 6's site - is it still up on the internet, or has it disappeared completely? <edit> found it </edit>

Last edited by Mudbug; 09-04-2006 at 10:36 PM.
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #3
Shreveopolis

Rep Power: 0 Shreveopolis will become famous soon enough Shreveopolis will become famous soon enough
Just don't watch much news.. Period. I guess, between 9/11, the opening of the war on Iraq, west nile and Bird Flu etc.. I got tired of watching the news. And everyone trying to TELL me the news while they flash some news ticker at the same time. I do my best to stay informed however, visiting all the major network news web sites to READ my news, and visit local news web sites as well.
Shreveopolis is offline   Reply With Quote