Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Food & Dining

Notices

Old 07-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
What's your favorite fast food restaurant?

Where do you like to eat when you are in a hurry and why?
Who has good service and what do you order?

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The greater you love Taco Bell the better you ability to feel the pain
I would pick Roly Poly
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Good one! But I love Taco Bell and Sonic and Chick Fil A! I like the drive up or drive through aspect of those! I usually get some sort of grilled chicken entree... trying to keep down the fat grams at fast food establishments isn't easy!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
My fav's are: Chick Fil A, Taco Bell, and PoBoy Express. The Rajun Cajun without the Olives at PoBoy Express is my very favorite, but you better take an antacid before you partake of it! They also deliver which is nice if you are at the office.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:15 AM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
My fav's are: Chick Fil A, Taco Bell, and PoBoy Express. The Rajun Cajun without the Olives at PoBoy Express is my very favorite, but you better take an antacid before you partake of it! They also deliver which is nice if you are at the office.
What about your favorite HAPPY MEAL Tbelle ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #6
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
McDonald's is not in my Top 3 or the trainers!!
Old 07-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
McDonald's is not in my Top 3 or the trainers!!
Old 07-09-2007, 10:36 AM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
My favorite is subway. A breakfast sausage biscuit from Micky D's is ok. (the only thing I'll each there) Sandwiches from Courtyard Coffee are good.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:36 PM   #9
SDBK

Rep Power: 0 SDBK has a spectacular aura about SDBK has a spectacular aura about
I have to admit I do love McDonalds The service can be terrible but what can you expect when there's a 99 cent menu lol
Old 07-09-2007, 01:14 PM   #10
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Based on my personal experience Subway is the most consistently filthy restaurant chain in the United States and Taco Bell is the second most consistently filthy restaurant chain in the United States. The Subway in downtown Shreveport is still new enough to be sort of clean, but every other one I've ever been in was absolutely filthy. I haven't eaten at a Taco Bell since 1992 because 1. the food is incredibly awful-tasting and devoid of any nutritional value 2. the restaurants are disgusting.

Chick-Fil-A has consistently clean, well-maintained, over-staffed restaurants. I give them business whenever I can. Cane's is likewise well-run, but the service is slower than it should be, especially in the drive-thru.

I really only like their breakfast food, but McDonald's basically invented to fast food franchise and is still one of the best at doing what it should be dong: delivering food the customer expects in a timely, orderly fashion. The fact that they do this with the unavoidable turnover of a fast food restaurant really is incredible. Wendy's does an OK job, but it's not the same class of service. Burger King is terrible. People are milling around the end of the line, waiting on their food or using the self-serve drink machines.

We order a lot of box lunches for in-office meetings and the only restaurant to get every order correct 100% of the time is Heavenly Ham. If you oder thirty box lunches every single one will be exactly as it was ordered and the box will be labeled with that person's name no matter of the order was done over the phone or via fax. I also give them business whenever I can.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Based on my personal experience Subway is the most consistently filthy restaurant chain in the United States and Taco Bell is the second most consistently filthy restaurant chain in the United States. The Subway in downtown Shreveport is still new enough to be sort of clean, but every other one I've ever been in was absolutely filthy. I haven't eaten at a Taco Bell since 1992 because 1. the food is incredibly awful-tasting and devoid of any nutritional value 2. the restaurants are disgusting.

Chick-Fil-A has consistently clean, well-maintained, over-staffed restaurants. I give them business whenever I can. Cane's is likewise well-run, but the service is slower than it should be, especially in the drive-thru.

I really only like their breakfast food, but McDonald's basically invented to fast food franchise and is still one of the best at doing what it should be dong: delivering food the customer expects in a timely, orderly fashion. The fact that they do this with the unavoidable turnover of a fast food restaurant really is incredible. Wendy's does an OK job, but it's not the same class of service. Burger King is terrible. People are milling around the end of the line, waiting on their food or using the self-serve drink machines.

We order a lot of box lunches for in-office meetings and the only restaurant to get every order correct 100% of the time is Heavenly Ham. If you oder thirty box lunches every single one will be exactly as it was ordered and the box will be labeled with that person's name no matter of the order was done over the phone or via fax. I also give them business whenever I can.
Joepole I see you have done you home work here. Does Heavenly Ham serve just ham ? Is that the one on Youree Drive or is there another one ? Always looking to try something new.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #12
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Fav Fast Food

Hands down it has to be Alvin Ords.
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:06 PM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by howela
Hands down it has to be Alvin Ords.
Need some help on this one please
Old 07-09-2007, 06:15 PM   #14
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
HH has lots of stuff:

http://www.heavenlyham.com/Corporate...egory=BoxLunch

I usually get the paradise club. My wife like the veggie with extra dill sauce.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:14 PM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
HH has lots of stuff:

http://www.heavenlyham.com/Corporate...egory=BoxLunch

I usually get the paradise club. My wife like the veggie with extra dill sauce.
I drive by HH every day I use the bank across the street. I always thought they just sold hams. I will check it out soon with that nice menu. You drive all the way from down town to pick up there it must be good.