Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Local News

Notices

Old 06-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #31
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Isaac, you have your pictures mixed up. That is Rhertz's old girlfriend. Here's my picture:
Attached Images

Last edited by Texasbelle; 06-14-2007 at 08:07 AM.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:57 PM   #32
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Driver recalls fatal accident

Was reading this article on KTBS Driver recalls fatal accident

the driver was not charged for the accident.

Quote:
He said he was driving his pickup south at about 45 mph. The speed limit is 50 mph. The boy ran from the northbound shoulder of the highway toward two boys who had stopped in the center of the five-lane highway. Small said B.J. paused for a second when he reached the boys but kept running.
Quote:
In October, city officials asked for a study to see if the speed limit could be lowered to 45 mph. The state highway department concluded it wasn't a good idea but recommended that police increase enforcement of the 50-mph limit.

"Speed studies determine what drivers feel are safe and comfortable speeds for area roads," said John Sanders, the department's district administrator. "And that particular study determined that 85 percent of the drivers perceived 50 mph is safe."

The study also found that 85 percent of northbound vehicles traveled at or below 62 miles an hour, while 85 percent of southbound traffic moved at 57 miles an hour.

Granted the poor kid shouldn't have running into the street etc.. but I drive by this section everyday.. I guarandamnteeya.. ain't nobody doing less than 60mph.. and cars blaze past me there going faster than that.. and the danger is this is that section headed north, where on north market/71 you can veer left and get onto hwy 1 north..
its like a big S curve.. and when you come out of that curve.. there's almost ALWAYS someone trying to cross the street there.. it occurrs to me everyday, that I'm surprised there aren't more accidents there. Kids play along the street there all the time, and people walking along the edge of the highway all the time.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:15 PM   #33
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
LOL, I did not know that particular route. But I agree it's amazing we lived to adulthood. I have lots of stories but I don't want to appear to be too stupid all at once. But there was that time I plugged a DC slot car motor into our AC wall outlet. And that Cherry bomb in the neighbors mailbox with a time delay fuse (a cigarette burning to the fuse stuck in one end) And the flaming tennis balls soaked in gasoline. And the bottle rocket wars.... Oh did I mention wheelies!!

There was one neighbor named Peter Davis (who passed away I believe) whose father was a vet in the 60's and they had a baby chimp who would get on the back of Peter's Honda SL100 and they would ride wheelies up and town Dillingham. They even made the newpaper with picture!

LOL, today PETA would be on the scene with a lawsuit for endangering chimps with cruel and unusual punishment. But I swear that ape loved it!
I used to ride my Honda 50 with my poodle in front of me with his paws on the handle bars! I swear he loved it! I'd say wanta go for a ride and he'd jump up and down and bark and wag his tail then leap right up on the seat with me! It was very funny!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:31 AM   #34
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Isaac, you have your pictures mixed up. That is Rhertz's old girlfriend. Here's mine:
Well Texasbelle I did know you had a girl friend but she looks a bit frigid
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:07 AM   #35
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Well Texasbelle I did know you had a girl friend but she looks a bit frigid
Whatever!
Old 06-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #36
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
That is Rhertz's old girlfriend.
LOL, I married my old girlfriend. I'm still waiting for my new girlfriend!

(And I probably have a LONG way to go..hehehe)
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:55 PM   #37
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I used to ride my Honda 50 with my poodle in front of me with his paws on the handle bars! I swear he loved it! I'd say wanta go for a ride and he'd jump up and down and bark and wag his tail then leap right up on the seat with me! It was very funny!
I forget his name, but there used to be a desert motorcyle racer in the 70's who ducktaped carpet to his gas tank and raced with his dog between him and the handle bars! But it was bigger than a poodle!

I went on a boat ride the other day with a friend, and his dogs know the routine well. they love their ears flopping in the wind! They were actually smiling! I was sitting on the seat and I think I was in one dogs spot. Messed up his routine a little but the lab enjoyed it anyway while he stepped all over me and played sumo wrestling for "his" seat...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote