Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Local News

Notices

Old 05-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down Barksdale Air Show

We went to the air show this year. As you would expect the show part that had the planes and the truck was spectacular. But the one thing that bugged me was the prices they charged for items. Corn Dog-$5.00 Cokes- $5.00 There was the inflatable jumpers for kids $6.00 for 3-4 minutes. There were 6 jumpers. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING. I would love to know what they did with the money they raise. How do they think people can afford that? Get real! We live in an age where it takes most people two incomes to make it. If you went there and had 4-5 kids you were screwed. Then they always have it on one of the hottest days and no shadey spots.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #2
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Those prices are quite exorbitant but wasn't the show free otherwise?? I did hear how poorly managed the traffic flow was too. Several people missed the show due to the jams. Hopefully they can make improvements before next years show. I'm fortunate enough to be able to watch it from my yard.
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Yes it is free to get in, but that does not help otherwise. They won't let you take your own drinks and things in, so you are stuck with their's. When the show opens at 9:00 and stops at 4:00 that is a while to make kids go without drinks or food.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:09 PM   #4
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I never go to them anymore. After being stationed on a carrier, I've had my fill of watching planes fly around. Besides, I always get sunburned sitting out there. Pie is right, there NO SHADE!!!
Old 05-06-2007, 10:05 PM   #5
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
$5.00 for a freakin' coke ? I haven't paid that much for a coke since going to the Texas Jam in Dallas years ago.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:24 PM   #6
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Try 5 bucks for a corn dog,[no fries,no drink, just the dog]. A weiner and cornbread on a stick. 5 bucks
Old 05-06-2007, 10:43 PM   #7
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I wonder what it costs to put on that show, especially with all the security necessary these days. I'm glad the attendees are shouldering it instead of everybody else.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:49 PM   #8
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Do you really think Barksdale is going to hire security with all their MP's floating around? I would like to know myself what it costs and what they do with the money they make.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:50 AM   #9
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

I was just pondering this subject, I wonder if they have to pay the Thunderbirds is perform even though they are part of the military.