Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Local News

Notices

Old 04-20-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Local man arrested after Grandfather dies

Have you read the story about the man who was in a house with his grandfather who fell, could not get up, and he left him there on the floor for several days? He did not give his grandfather food, water, or medicine for several days but finally called 911. The grandfather died shortly after arriving at the hospital. The man states his grandfather didn't want any help.

This is one of the most heartless stories I think I may have ever read. Leaves me wondering what kind of torture this man needs to be put through as his punishment for doing this to his grandfather.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I read this in the paper this a.m. and couldn't believe it! What kind of heartless low life could leave their elderly grandfather lying on the floor for FIVE days?? He even had the gall to say he attempted to give him his medication!!! Ooh this makes me sick!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
That's just awful! I don't care if he fought we all the way, I'd help him.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:04 PM   #4
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
That's just awful! I don't care if he fought we all the way, I'd help him.
The kid didn't even bother to call for help he just left the grandfather lying there thus the negligent charges!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:55 PM   #5
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I found it so hard to believe that this idiot could not pick up the phone and dial 911 regardless of what he might have thought the grandfather wanted. The grandfather had fallen and obviously needed help. Any idiot could have figured that one out. I hope he gets to spend some time rotting in a cell for awhile thinking about this one.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #6
Sexy Sadie

Rep Power: 0 Sexy Sadie has a spectacular aura about Sexy Sadie has a spectacular aura about Sexy Sadie has a spectacular aura about
negligent grandson

I'm not familiar with the story, but it seems if the grandfather did not want help that's for him to decide in the hospital with capable health care workers. 911 is such a familiar concept, maybe we take it for granted.
Sexy Sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:16 AM   #7
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

This morning I see in the paper that the charges have now been upgraded to first degree murder. Apparently the boy had abused his grandfather as well. It also stated the boy/man was mad at his grandfather because he would not let him go buy more video games. It is horrendous to think he did this to his grandfather over a video game.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:30 AM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
This morning I see in the paper that the charges have now been upgraded to first degree murder. Apparently the boy had abused his grandfather as well. It also stated the boy/man was mad at his grandfather because he would not let him go buy more video games. It is horrendous to think he did this to his grandfather over a video game.
He should be held to the fire for this. You have to wonder what the kid was thinking when all he had to do is pick up a phone and call for help and just sit down and wait.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:57 AM   #9
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie
I'm not familiar with the story, but it seems if the grandfather did not want help that's for him to decide in the hospital with capable health care workers. 911 is such a familiar concept, maybe we take it for granted.
But Sadie he had to GET to the hospital first!! He apparently had NO way to get there while Grandson just stood around watching him sprawled out on the floor helplessly for 5 days!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:01 AM   #10
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

On the KTBS website it is reporting that he beat his grandfather. I think this is still where you wonder what punishment is going to fit the crime.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:02 AM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
On the KTBS website it is reporting that he beat his grandfather. I think this is still where you wonder what punishment is going to fit the crime.
No wondering here. Tall tree short rope
Click for update http://www.ktbs.com/viewnews.cfm?new...%20grandfather

Last edited by Isaac-Saxxon; 04-21-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:59 AM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
No wondering here. Tall tree short rope
Click for update http://www.ktbs.com/viewnews.cfm?new...%20grandfather
Old 04-22-2007, 09:41 AM   #13
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Alec Baldwin verbally attacking his daughter for not answering his call, and a 23 year man physically attacking his grandfather for $100. Where did we lose the idea that life is precious???
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #14
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
There's also that kid who hired a $5 hitman to kill his own father. I don't know where we seriously lost ourselves and our morals either.

You know, there are only a handful of people some several walks of life out there that seriously hold all life sacred. There are some spiritual traditions who believe they have the ability to psychically communicate with trees. They believed that trees not only heard them, but answered in return.

I once read that Native Americans honored their kills as they believed all life was sacred but still did not risk their health by not eating meat. The average person these days would think any such sentiments as these silly or stupid. How can they respect the lives of fellow men when small lives are as nothing?
Old 04-27-2007, 06:23 PM   #15
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Have you read the story about the man who was in a house with his grandfather who fell, could not get up, and he left him there on the floor for several days? He did not give his grandfather food, water, or medicine for several days but finally called 911. The grandfather died shortly after arriving at the hospital. The man states his grandfather didn't want any help.

This is one of the most heartless stories I think I may have ever read. Leaves me wondering what kind of torture this man needs to be put through as his punishment for doing this to his grandfather.
Sorry, but how does post-facto punishment make the crime "equalize" itself? The current system is brutal and inefficient, all it means is "if I get caught.. I will get X jail time.. but the likelihood is low that I will get caught, so let's do it anyway."