Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Local News

Notices

Old 05-16-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Neighbors Upset Over Continued Mail Box Vandalism

http://www.ksla.com/global/story.asp?s=6521394

Quote:
Larry says this week alone he has replaced his mail box three times

I have seen this before. One night my daughter, her husband and I was out in the front yard. It was dark and a pickup drove by and hit their mailbox with a bat. They did not see us standing there. Iwas told by someone that people needed to put 2 boxes up side by side. The first one you fill with cement and the second is the one you use. When they hit the first one it would probably break an arm. But oh what a lesson they'll learn.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I got Little Joe's Welding to make me a mailbox out of plate steel. It was about $100, installed. It's indestructible.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:02 PM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I got Little Joe's Welding to make me a mailbox out of plate steel. It was about $100, installed. It's indestructible.
LOL excellent..

Sad but true.. I moved into my house some 10 years ago. I still have the old basic Mailbox up, has a dent in it.. But I refuse to put up a new one.. I've watched people in my neighborhood put up some really nice mailboxes.. some of those brick mailboxes etc.. only to see all of them KNOCKED DOWN.

would love to catch some of these clowns on video.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
In HS we used to play "mailbox football" which is similar to mailbox baseball except you have to get out and tackle them instead of hitting them with a bat. The brick ones are surprisingly easy to knock over.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:15 PM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Let them ring these boxes!

Click image for larger version

Name:	file002.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	583Click image for larger version

Name:	file000.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	581

Click image for larger version