Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Local News

Notices

Old 05-07-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Elderly woman raped and beat

http://www.ktbs.com/viewnews.cfm?new...lderly%20woman

Shreveport police today continued their search for a man who beat and raped an 81-year-old widow in an apparently random attack at her home over the weekend

Late breaking news: They caught him and he was 16 years old.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
http://www.ktbs.com/viewnews.cfm?new...lderly%20woman

Shreveport police today continued their search for a man who beat and raped an 81-year-old widow in an apparently random attack at her home over the weekend

Late breaking news: They caught him and he was 16 years old.
I am soooooooooo glad they caught him. If in fact it is him they should prosecute him as a adult and send him to the sodomites. They will never give a 16 year old the death penalty even though he deserves it big time.
I sure it is President Bush's fault
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
We just done a thread on elderly and now we have this one being attacked. What goes on in these idiots mind. Would they like it if someone done this to their grandmother? I think when people do this, they are worst than pond scum.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:48 PM   #4
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Horrible! What the heck was wrong with this kid?! Lock him away because he is obviously so far gone that nothing will help him. I'm with Isaac. Prosecute him as an adult and send him to prison.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #5
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
You can't give anyone under age 18 the death penalty, period. (Roper v. Simmons)

I wonder why he didn't kill her afterwards, what did he have to lose?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #6
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
We're not about to debate on whether or not he should've killed her, are we? That's just wrong.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
You can't give anyone under age 18 the death penalty, period. (Roper v. Simmons)

I stated that he would not get the death penalty in my post. Your second comment is just heartless joe
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #8
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
If you were the kind of person who would rape an 81 year old woman, why wouldn't you also kill her to cover your tracks? What's the downside? If living with killing someone that bad of a prospect if the idea of living with raping someone is something you're comfortable with?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #9
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

You know I thought Santabot was pretty sick, but you are right up there with him.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:42 PM   #10
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
If you were the kind of person who would rape an 81 year old woman, why wouldn't you also kill her to cover your tracks? What's the downside? If living with killing someone that bad of a prospect if the idea of living with raping someone is something you're comfortable with?
I'm so not getting into this one.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:33 AM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:

I fail to see anything wrong with joe's posts in this thread. You guys really need to lighten up a bit if you ask me. First he made a factual statement that minors cannot get the death penalty. No judgement there, just a fact. Then he went on to ponder why the minor didn't go even further given the fact that he had little more to loose under the present law. I do wonder why and how a kid can be so utterly rotten, and wonder why anyone would beat someone so badly and not kill her. My only conclusion is that the kid did think he killed her, but she survived. I do not see where joe condones any of this behavior whatsoever. I'm pretty sure he doesn't, and perhaps his point is that this guy should get the death penalty as a deterent to other evil perps out there who are bent on violence.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:39 AM   #12
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
What's there not to get? Let me ask you a few questions that might shed some light here....

Do you think a 16 year old minor who kills someone in cold blood should be elegible for the death penalty? Why or Why not?

What if he just beats the living daylight out of someone leaving them barely alive, and possibly thinking they were dead? Is that much different?

Do you think that 16 and 17 year olds ever commit crimes that they might reconsider committing if they were 18 years?

My point is that if that were my grandmother who was savagely beaten/raped, I couldn't care less about the evil minded criminal's age.....
Old 05-08-2007, 01:47 PM   #13
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
What's there not to get? Let me ask you a few questions that might shed some light here....

Do you think a 16 year old minor who kills someone in cold blood should be elegible for the death penalty? Why or Why not?
If he killed one person in cold blood, I'd probably say a very long time in jail. If he killed many people in cold blood, he is likely beyond help. Depending on the circumstances, I could agree with the death penalty for a 16-yo. A cold-blooded murderer on the street is still a danger to society, regardless of age. It may be

Quote:
What if he just beats the living daylight out of someone leaving them barely alive, and possibly thinking they were dead? Is that much different?
Assault with intent to kill. Very long jail/juvenile sentence.

Quote:
Do you think that 16 and 17 year olds ever commit crimes that they might reconsider committing if they were 18 years?
Depends on the person really. I'm sure some kids who commit crimes MAY reconsider when they are no longer protected by juvenile law. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if this was small percentage.

Quote:
My point is that if that were my grandmother who was savagely beaten/raped, I couldn't care less about the evil minded criminal's age.....
I agree. A killer is a killer. But I just don't want to discuss why he didn't just kill her. That just feels like a cold topic to discuss. It makes it sound like the value of life is less than the value of safety.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:01 PM   #14
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Actually I read that as "I'm so not getting this one." Funny how one word changes the whole meaning.... Sorry about that.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:03 PM   #15
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
It makes it sound like the value of life is less than the value of safety.
Well I'm sure we all all agree that I hope they catch him!!