Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > World News

Notices

Old 06-25-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Spank Your Children? Local Man Gives Out Paddles, Directions

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...html?qs=1;bp=t

Quote:
Joey Salvati said he had four conversations with God while he showered. He said God convinced him to create the paddles to punish unruly children.
Quote:
So far, Salvati has given away about 1,400 paddles, along with an owner's manual.
The manual touches on everything from how many swats to apply to an appointment card for scheduling the spanking
Okay, uhmm, I'm speechless, I'll have to think and get back to ya.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I was in Target today and this toddler was crying, then blubbering, then screaming at the top of his lungs! It was embarrassing. He was with his young mother and it looked like grandmother. They both kept trying to reason with him and nothing was working! The kid didn't like what he was wearing so he ended up taking his clothes off. The adults let the kid continue to control the situation!
He needed to be promptly removed from the store and spanked in the car!
I believe this would have taken care of the problem. It was truly an unpleasant experience for everyone in the store!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:04 AM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I was in Target today and this toddler was crying, then blubbering, then screaming at the top of his lungs! It was embarrassing. He was with his young mother and it looked like grandmother. They both kept trying to reason with him and nothing was working! The kid didn't like what he was wearing so he ended up taking his clothes off. The adults let the kid continue to control the situation!
He needed to be promptly removed from the store and spanked in the car!
I believe this would have taken care of the problem. It was truly an unpleasant experience for everyone in the store!
I agree with this post spare the rod and spoil the child. Discipline is consistency and consistency is discipline. Good behavior is no accident.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:14 AM   #4
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
There are many kids whose behavior would change if the rod were not spared!
Old 06-26-2007, 07:31 AM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
There are many kids whose behavior would change if the rod were not spared!
Could you name a few Tbelle ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:44 AM   #6
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
I agree with this post too. I don't believe in beating a child, but a good old fashion butt whipping will get their attention. My kids got some in their lifetime, they were far and few in between, but they knew when they got one. They will tell you they can count them on their fingers only. My problem is, if I'm in public, that don't stop me, I use to tell my kids and my grandkids today, I'll nail you right here in front of God and everybody. So unless you want everyone to see you get a spanking, you better stop.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

You know I train Border Collies and like kids once you light them up one good time they know you can do it anytime and the bluff is in for a very long time.
With dogs it is for life with kids well until they get big enough to kick daddy's butt. Then you must teach them the golden rule. "The man with the gold rules" and you go from corporal punishment to mind games and they are still new at it. Just take cars, cell phones and I have three girls and every now and then a good old George Patton talk right in their pretty little faces. I must say I did not have to spank more than a dozen times with all three girls.
There was a time I had a issue with one my dogs stealing some meat off the grille and the girls got to see daddy kick some dog ass. They were all crying and mama too. Dog still does not like it when I light the pit and he is ten years old and at the time just a year old. Now granted he is a Border Collie and not a mutt. Made a deep impression on my girls Still the most talked about story at our house.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:33 AM   #8
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
You know I train Border Collies and like kids once you light them up one good time they know you can do it anytime and the bluff is in for a very long time.
With dogs it is for life with kids well until they get big enough to kick daddy's butt. Then you must teach them the golden rule. "The man with the gold rules" and you go from corporal punishment to mind games and they are still new at it. Just take cars, cell phones and I have three girls and every now and then a good old George Patton talk right in their pretty little faces. I must say I did not have to spank more than a dozen times with all three girls.
There was a time I had a issue with one my dogs stealing some meat off the grille and the girls got to see daddy kick some dog ass. They were all crying and mama too. Dog still does not like it when I light the pit and he is ten years old and at the time just a year old. Now granted he is a Border Collie and not a mutt. Made a deep impression on my girls Still the most talked about story at our house.
I agree Isaac, all you have to do is let them know you can and will do it. You don't have to spank all the time. As long as they know you will and what it feels like they usually try not to go that far. that is the reason both my kids can count on their fingers the spanking they had, not many but they remember what they got. The mind games work good to. One day when my kids where younger , we were in town. They were acting up and wouldn't listen, so I pulled into the newspaper office. I handed both of them some money and told them to go in and talk to the lady behind the desk. I told them to tell her they needed to run an ad in the paper. When my kids ask for what, I told them for a new mother because I just quit the JOB! I told them since they didn't want to listen to me, find someone else. They both cried and straighten up quickly, because they thought I was serious.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Kids want to know where the boundaries are !! With out them they have a hard time defining themselves and knowing when they are in a safe zone so their mind can relax. When they are in a bad zone they know it too and will try to do something to change it. I call it HARD love and God teaches us this in the Bible. When times are bad people are good and when times are good people are bad
Old 06-26-2007, 07:01 PM   #10
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Could you name a few Tbelle ?
Yep!!! I have one in particular in mind. All he needs is a good, old fashioned, out behind the woodshed spanking and he would probably walk the line.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:22 AM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Yep!!! I have one in particular in mind. All he needs is a good, old fashioned, out behind the woodshed spanking and he would probably walk the line.
My opinion is that corporal punishment should be early and from the hand of someone the child knows and trust such as a parent. Say if I come over and spank your child that child will see this as a attack and the parent too. If you as the parent do the spanking then the child will have respect for you and want to please you with good behavior. Once the child is of age corporal punishment will not work. Do not forget the golden rule and do not be a enabler
Old 06-27-2007, 04:04 PM   #12
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Paddles

I have a wooden paddle and a wooden spoon, they both are quite effective. Both of my boys, 3 & 5, know what they feel like. Now just the threat of these is enough to alter bad behavior. I refuse to put up with my kids acting up in a store. They are under the impression that every store we go into has a "Whipping Room" and we will slide that way if they start whining. It works everytime.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:38 PM   #13
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl
I have a wooden paddle and a wooden spoon, they both are quite effective. Both of my boys, 3 & 5, know what they feel like. Now just the threat of these is enough to alter bad behavior. I refuse to put up with my kids acting up in a store. They are under the impression that every store we go into has a "Whipping Room" and we will slide that way if they start whining. It works everytime.
I agree, it has gone too far when strangers try to tell a parent they can't disciplne their child. There's an old saying [ I brought you in this world, I'll take you out.] But good parents don't mean the last part, it's a threat. There is a big difference between a spanking and a beating. But if you don't let your child know boundaries then you are screwed because they will walk all over you. When my two kids use to fight, Iwould take them to a store and make them hold hands the whole time. I would have a belt around my neck, IO would tell them you drop hands and I will nail you in front of everyone. And I would have too.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #14
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Thank goodness we never had to resort to belts, but we also have daughters.
I must admit that I (Good cop) would give a pop on the leg or booty which probably wasn't too affective, but Daddy (Bad cop) would dole out the real deals! There really weren't that many overall because they knew he meant business.
How do y'all feel about corporal punishment in schools? Last I heard many La. schools still could administer spankings by the principal.
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #15
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Thank goodness we never had to resort to belts, but we also have daughters.
I must admit that I (Good cop) would give a pop on the leg or booty which probably wasn't too affective, but Daddy (Bad cop) would dole out the real deals! There really weren't that many overall because they knew he meant business.
How do y'all feel about corporal punishment in schools? Last I heard many La. schools still could administer spankings by the principal.
Well I never had to use a belt but a couple times on the butt. I am not one for alot of whippings. Usually my two knew how far to push me and they usually stop before it got to that point. I did use some mind games though. I know my son one day when he was 2 got a new pair of boots for Christmas. We were going to town and he was standing next to me on the seat[ before seatbelts were law, 25 years ago]. His sister, then 3 was siting on the other side of him. He kicked her under the chin with the toe of them boots. I heard her teeth rattle. I did not spank him, instead I stopped took his boots off and threw them in the middle of the road and drove off. I told him he would not get another pair until he learned to not kick. As far as corporal in schools, NO. I have seen too many reachers that for some reason get something against a certain child and they whip them for any excuse. No, I always told the school they were not allowed to whip either of my kids. If they did something that deserved a whipping to call me, I would go and do the whipping myself if I saw fit.