Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > World News

Notices

Old 05-14-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Parents outraged over teachers' prank school shooting

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...246931705.html

Those poor children scared to death. They probably won't be the same and it wasn't even real.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:25 AM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Nice effort, but the execution of it has earned that faculty the...

Stupid Meter!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
What a bunch of crybabies.

Poor taste? Probably.

Scary? So what?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:11 AM   #4
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Joepole you are forever the "pot stirrer" aren't you? I know good and well if in a few years your beautiful little girl came home and told you of this horrendous event that caused her to cry and fear for her life....you would NOT sit around laughing it off! My husband would blow a gasket if that happened to one of his little or big girls and demand someone be held accountable! I would hope you would as well!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:31 AM   #5
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Once again, I have to agree with the majority and stand in awe at the sheer stupidity and waste of oxygen Joe has revealed himself to be.

While this IS just a simple prank, it not the type of prank that should be played on 12 year old children. You tell them that the boogieman lurks in the forest, or the hookman ghost story, not that they will be murdered if they come out from underneath the table.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I must agree here with the brain post. In this day and age gun jokes do not fly at all. If you want to joke with the kids then dress up like Slimy Jake I did this one with my kids when they were about 12 years old. I told them Slimy Jake lived in this cow pen over the levee. So I had a friend of mine that owned the land drive about 8 of the girls and his wife over to that spot where I was hiding with a green mask on and a old back coat He did not tell his wife or kids and it was at night. Well I freaked the kids out and his wife wet her pants I got calls from some of the parents about that one and one of my kids kind of got freaked out too. Had to tell this one is was to funny to pass up. I can say Slimy Jake to this day at my house and get all eyes looking at me with out a smile Heck I thought it was funny but my friends wife did not at all
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
We are raising a generation of pansies. Scaring children isn't very harmful, especially twelve year olds.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #8
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Joe, when you had fire drills in school, did the faculty light the building on fire for realism? They sure didn't when I was in school. They told us that drills were starting because the #1 point of having these drills is to train students not to panic and what to do if the event should occur for real. This particular faculty just made the fear and panic worse and needlessly frightened the students.

It's not that we're raising pansies. We just believe in doing things right.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:18 PM   #9
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

>This particular faculty just made the fear and panic worse and needlessly frightened the students.

Yes, they did. So what?
Old 05-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #10
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

SO...they deserve whatever consequences they are likely to receive.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:32 PM   #11
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

>they deserve whatever consequences they are likely to receive

They deserve a reasonable punishment, which is almost none.

See? We're making a nation of litigious nancies:

Student Claims Teacher Forced Her To Watch 'Brokeback'

A 12-year-old girl and her grandparents are suing the Chicago Board of Education, claiming that she was required to watch the R-rated film Brokeback Mountain in class last year. They claim that the film, which depicts the longterm homosexual affair of two cowboys, traumatized her and that she subsequently had to undergo psychological treatment. The girl, Jessica Turner, and her grandparents, Kenneth and LaVerne Richardson, are seeking $500,000 in damages. In an interview with the Associated Press, Kenneth Richardson, Jessica's grandfather and legal guardian, also said that the movie was "against our faith."
Old 05-14-2007, 02:36 PM   #12
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
They deserve a reasonable punishment, which is almost none.
At least you used the qualifier, "almost." That must mean you agree that a punishment of SOME type is in order. What that punishment is, we'll find out soon enough.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:40 PM   #13
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

I'm thinking something along the lines of public apology and a written reprimand would be appropriate.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:06 PM   #14
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I'm thinking something along the lines of public apology and a written reprimand would be appropriate.
If they discovered who the clunkhead was that made this idiotic call, then yeah, I could agree to that.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:08 PM   #15
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
You say that we are raising a generation of pansies, but I would take a pansy any day over someone that you[a person with no sense]. The ideas you come up with I would not teach my dog. And as fore Brokeback Mountain, that is not a movie to be viewed by children. If you chose to let your child watch it, fine, we'll see her in a gay demonstration oneday. But I for one support the grandparents for griping about it shown in school. That teacher needs to be fired and never work with children again!!!!! If your wife had any sense she'd give you a good thrashing for acting like that.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote