Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Health & Wellness

Notices

Old 11-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #1
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Thanksgiving traditions

Does anyone have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition they'd like to share?
If not what's your favorite dish to cook/bake or eat?

I enjoy baking the most. I always make sweet potato pie and pecan pie for this holiday. I prefer baking as opposed to cooking dressing and casseroles, but I still do those as well. One thing I really love is having all my semi grown children under my roof like it used to be when they were young! Yes I have much to be thankful for!I don't even mind the ballgames that are on tv all day I kinda miss the noisiness of it all. Never can get anyone to watch the Macy's parade though so finally gave up trying.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because the whole family gathers together to enjoy each others company without the pressure of giving gifts. My favorite part is the all day food binge and dozing on the couch while watching tv.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because the whole family gathers together to enjoy each others company without the pressure of giving gifts. My favorite part is the all day food binge and dozing on the couch while watching tv.
I am with Morpheus on this one. I think the spending at Christmas is such a vain thing. I have always told my kids there are two things you can not buy that people (family) want the most. #1 is I love you ! #2 is thank you. Both need to come from the heart and not the pocket book. Happy THANKSgiving !
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:23 AM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
Does anyone have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition they'd like to share?
A tradition for my family is to sit down at the table, say grace, and then catch up on old gossip. You know, talk about the neighbors, old friends and relatives, etc. I always thought that was a strange way to celebrate Thanksgiving, but I suspect many families chit chat like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
If not what's your favorite dish to cook/bake or eat?
Turkey, dressin', bisquits, and mahaw jelly. Makes me sleepy just thinking about it...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
A new way to baste your turkey!

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

Name:  untitled.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  9.3 KB