Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Style & Shopping

Notices

Old 11-21-2007, 12:20 AM   #46
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
Now Morpheus you know us women would try the things on while still in the store. We like to know before we get home if it's going to work or not!
I tried the shirts on, but did not tuck them in! Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:34 PM   #47
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
I went to the Buffalo Wild Wings on Youree, in Shreveport. The food was much better than the one in Bossier. Overall the restaurant is smaller. I swear there is no one over 18 working there, and I don't know what kind of training they received, but our waitress didn't have a clue. They didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked for a trivia box.

Speaking of trivia, the competition was decent with somewhere around 12-14 people playing. I won the one round I played, but it was super close and I had to tune out Mrs. Morph on more than one occasion. She was not pleased so this may not be a good date place.

I hope the service picks up, because otherwise this place will be closed within a year. I wouldn't go back, except for the trivia game and the Caribbean jerk sauce.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #48
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
I went to the Buffalo Wild Wings on Youree, in Shreveport. The food was much better than the one in Bossier. Overall the restaurant is smaller. I swear there is no one over 18 working there, and I don't know what kind of training they received, but our waitress didn't have a clue. They didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked for a trivia box.

Speaking of trivia, the competition was decent with somewhere around 12-14 people playing. I won the one round I played, but it was super close and I had to tune out Mrs. Morph on more than one occasion. She was not pleased so this may not be a good date place.

I hope the service picks up, because otherwise this place will be closed within a year. I wouldn't go back, except for the trivia game and the Caribbean jerk sauce.
I've been to the one in the Boardwalk I think it's the same chain? But didn't play the trivia game. It does sound like something I'd enjoy and be good at.
How does it work in the restaurant setting?

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:51 PM   #49
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
I've been to the one in the Boardwalk I think it's the same chain? But didn't play the trivia game. It does sound like something I'd enjoy and be good at.
How does it work in the restaurant setting?
yeah it's the same chain. the name of the game is buzz time trivia. just ask your server for a box.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:12 PM   #50
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I got to thinking if it's sports trivia I might not do so well, but just general like current events, entertainment etc. I'd do alright.

Jennifer Aniston
Old 12-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #51
Morpheus
Advanced Member

they have different games at different times. here is the schedule.

http://players.buzztime.com/schedule.php
Old 12-02-2007, 09:42 AM   #52
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

That's neat! So you are playing against other people not just against yourself then?

Jennifer Aniston
Old 12-02-2007, 09:52 AM   #53
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Nerd patrol !!
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:19 AM   #54
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Nerd patrol !!
and proud of it!!! Actually I prefer geek.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #55
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

If nerds enjoy playing games and especially board games with their family then I'm definitely one!Sounds like I'm in good company too!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 12-02-2007, 01:00 PM   #56
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Pokie, I've played and its alot of fun! Especially if your in a small group, because you play against the other patrons- When I was in Austin a few months ago, I noticed several of the bars were doing this too-
Old 12-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #57
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
and proud of it!!! Actually I prefer geek.
OK MR. GEEK it will be and Pokie the Nerd !!! Come on Vix man up here
I have a whole house full of board game kids and other family too. That is my sign to move to the back and find a good tv show or read.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:06 PM   #58
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Right now my favorite store is E-BAY BABY!!! Gotta go win something!
Old 12-02-2007, 06:59 PM   #59
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
OK MR. GEEK it will be and Pokie the Nerd !!! Come on Vix man up here
I have a whole house full of board game kids and other family too. That is my sign to move to the back and find a good tv show or read.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:11 PM   #60
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Maybe covered here already, but what stores do you need/want? I'll throw out a few off top of my head (and excuse me if you already have them) even though the population may not support one there, they're nice to have all the same -probably some things I'd miss if moved back to town.
  • Apple Store
  • Trader Joes
  • Lowes Foods/Whole Food Market (or similar)*
  • REI **
  • COSTCO***
  • Nordstrums

*in general you have some good grocery stores - but they seem a few (5-10)years behind in what's offered, layout, etc. Mainly going by Kroger and what's the other... Brookshires -so my exposer is limited. But hey, if the prices are good that's not so bad.
**REI would be a nice balance to the Bass Pro Shop. But build them far apart... in fact don't let them touch, it would be like matter meeting anti-matter...
*** compare SAMs. a matter of taste I suppose. Not saying one is "better taste" then the other, just a different choice. I prefer COSTCO.
j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote