Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Member Comments > Member Video Comments

Notices

Old 12-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Comments on: Catfish Grabbin Girls

Reader comments and feedback for the Video titled Catfish Grabbin Girls.

Author: Isaac-Saxxon

sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:28 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
You know when my daughters were growing up I liked the fact they enjoyed fishing. These gals take it a bit far and I could only guess what kind of man they will end up with
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Wow! That is just amazing. Those are some huge fish. I found an article on how it is done. Very interesting and sounds like a lot of fun.

http://www.catfishgrabblers.com/grabblinis.htm

Quote:
Catfish Grabblin' is the art of fishing with your hands. In the spring of the year the catfish move to shallow water to lay their eggs. Spawning is triggered by the increasing length of the days and the warmer water temperatures. Spawning in the Tennessee River area usually starts about late May.

The female will look for a sheltered location to deposit her eggs. Holes in rocks, boat ramps, hollow logs, and other secluded areas all provide good shelter for spawning activities. After the female deposits her eggs the male will move in to guard the eggs. He will stay in the nest to keep the eggs aerated and protect them from predators. He will stay until the fry leave the nest. The male will eat very little while guarding the eggs and will strike out at anything that comes too close to the nest. Especially a bare hand!

Most of the time we practice catch and release. However we will keep some for the freezer to have a big catfish fry. Occasionally we will have to use a pole with a crooked end to assist in pulling the catfish to the opening of the hole where they can be reached.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:29 PM   #4
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Now this looks like a sport Piemaker would have created!!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I remember back in the 70's when I used to scuba dive, they used to hold some sort of catfish rodeo at lake bistineau with visibility somewhere between 0 and 3 ft... I think they shot the huge catfish with a spear gun IIRC.. I never partaked in that branch of the sport. But its hard to imagine girls doing this. I've been finned once or twice by much smaller catfish and it hurts...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:35 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
Now this looks like a sport Piemaker would have created!!
I bet she could catch them with her teeth and gut them with her bare hands and cook them over some nice dry cow chips
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #7
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:40 AM   #8
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
I've been finned exactly twice in my life, Rhertz, and I'll never forget either occassion. Just as ya said, it hurts like hell...and the pain lingers for a hell of a long time. Its my understandin that its the slime that coats the fin that makes the puncture wound so exquisitely painful...I'll buy that.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
I've been finned exactly twice in my life, Rhertz, and I'll never forget either occassion. Just as ya said, it hurts like hell...and the pain lingers for a hell of a long time. Its my understandin that its the slime that coats the fin that makes the puncture wound so exquisitely painful...I'll buy that.
About 15 years ago some of us guys went down to Grand Isle to fish for speckled trout. But at nighttime we would get drunk and fish for "hardhead" catfish just for kicks. My one friend named Don, yanked a catfish out of the water so quick it flew at him and stuck him right in the arm. So there he holding out his arm with a 1 or 2 lb catfish dangling from the stretched skin. We other guys laughed like hell. A picture I won't soon forget.

But a catfish "sting" is nothing like stepping on a stingray and having it turn around and gig you in the leg. This is a real problem down there. I would slide my feet on the bottom of the water while fishing so I wouldn't step on one.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:16 AM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
About 15 years ago some of us guys went down to Grand Isle to fish for speckled trout. But at nighttime we would get drunk and fish for "hardhead" catfish just for kicks. My one friend named Don, yanked a catfish out of the water so quick it flew at him and stuck him right in the arm. So there he holding out his arm with a 1 or 2 lb catfish dangling from the stretched skin. We other guys laughed like hell. A picture I won't soon forget.

But a catfish "sting" is nothing like stepping on a stingray and having it turn around and gig you in the leg. This is a real problem down there. I would slide my feet on the bottom of the water while fishing so I wouldn't step on one.
rhertz you need to man up and show no fear. You grab that cat just right and it will not hurt you. You grab it wrong and you will never forget it. You just wiggle your hand in front of that cat and they will jump on it kind of like a worm of sorts.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:55 AM   #11
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
rhertz you need to man up and show no fear. You grab that cat just right and it will not hurt you. You grab it wrong and you will never forget it. You just wiggle your hand in front of that cat and they will jump on it kind of like a worm of sorts.
Yeah rhertz, I hear that REAL men catch them with no hands by wiggling something else in front of them, a worm of sorts
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:13 PM   #12
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Yeah rhertz, I hear that REAL men catch them with no hands by wiggling something else in front of them, a worm of sorts
yeah the catfish whisperer maybe... not me..
Old 12-11-2007, 08:13 AM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post

yeah the catfish whisperer maybe... not me..
get a big worm and it might help the fishing. Big bait big fish