Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 09-18-2007, 10:28 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Barksdale has new challenger for cyber headquarters

Langley Air Force Base in Virginia is the latest competitor to Barksdale Air Force Base to host the new headquarters of the Air Force's Cyber Command
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:28 PM   #2
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Joepole, what say you? I'm interested in your opinion on this one.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 273 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
It seems to me that Shreveport/Bossier makes these big announcements and gets everyones hopes up and then the deal is ripped right out from under our feet. I sure hope they didn't jump the gun on this one. I still remember years ago when the area was supposed to get that McDonnell Douglas plant and everyone said it was a done deal, but alas it vanished too!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:05 AM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Joepole, what say you? I'm interested in your opinion on this one.

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- Virginia's Langley Air Force Base is the latest competitor to Barksdale Air Force Base in the contest to host the prestigious new headquarters of the Air Force's Cyber Command.

A small delegation of Langley-area officials lobbied Virginia lawmakers in Washington last week for help in snagging the headquarters of the new command that would protect the nation from cyber attacks and eventually develop the capability to attack enemy communications systems.

Langley-area officials have also been lobbying Air Force brass. Ross Kearny, mayor of Hampton, Va., recently invited Secretary of the Air Force Michael Wynne to visit the city.
So yea, what's the scoop, what's the skinny ?
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:48 AM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I assume Joe can't say much right now because of his job. I do appreciate any info Joe can disclose without saying too much.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote