Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Style & Shopping

Notices

Old 08-27-2007, 10:15 PM   #16
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Dave&Busters, I heard, will be near the logans and khols. I actually sent off for franchise information about Ruth's Chris, They told me they are very interested in the shreveport bossier area! A little out of my $ range for now- maybe in a year or two, IF no-ones beat me to it!
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:30 PM   #17
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Well, I for one would absolutely LOVE to see a Ruth's Chris Steak House. All the bigger cities have one and I dont want to have to cross the border for that experience...though from what I hear, it would almost be worth it!
There used to be one at the old Fertitta's location at 6501 Line... (next door to Superior Bar and Grill) But that was long ago. I agree there Al, I would like to see Ruth's Chris make a come back. Good for special occasions and aniversarys etc....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:11 AM   #18
LSU

Rep Power: 0 LSU is a jewel in the rough LSU is a jewel in the rough LSU is a jewel in the rough LSU is a jewel in the rough
I really interested in the Dave and Busters! Does anybody have any additional info? Location? Opening Dates? Links to news articles?
LSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:30 PM   #19
SBCmetroguy

Rep Power: 0 SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice
Let's revive this thread.

Where did this Dave & Buster's rumor begin, and who knows more about it? I'm interested because I saw a Dave & Buster's commercial yesterday and I typically begin seeing commercials for businesses we don't have when they're considering coming into this market. I do know that last year Arlena Acree mentioned she was working with Dave & Buster's to get them here but nothing was ever mentioned about it again publicly, and then she left office with Hightower of course.

Boardwalk is awesome, I documented its construction in photographs and was so pleased when it finally opened. Youree Drive is nice and so is the new I-220/Airline development in Bossier. I would like to see Bossier's development offer some things that Youree Drive doesn't, for instance since the Youree area already has Olive Garden, Carrabba's, and Macaroni Grill, build a Johnny Carino's in the new north Bossier shopping area.

Anyway I could post on this thread forever so let's revive it!
SBCmetroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:43 PM   #20
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
I initially heard the rumor about dave&Busters from some kids that were working @ Outback- A girl was telling her friend about applying there, so I butted in and asked "what about Dave&Busters?" She said she applied on-line, and they were going to be near tgi fridays.....?
Old 09-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #21
SBCmetroguy

Rep Power: 0 SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylers5592 View Post
Oh no.
I'm dissapointed to find out about PF Changs not being definate. Someone needs to work on that , lol. Dave and Busters sounds great.

I feel like I'm complaining too much, but we're not really getting any good resteraunts in the new Youree Dr. shopping center. I am happy about TGI Fridays, but Logan's Roadhouse... We really need some nicer and unusual resteraunts on Youree such as La Madeline/BoneFish/P.F. Changs.
And if we cannot get a P.F. Changs, how about a Pei Wei, it's almost the same just a little more casual.
As far as I know LaMadeleine and PF Chang's are both still in negotiations, so we can't count them out yet. PF Chang's has been a possibility since interest was first expressed in the vacant site at the Youree/E. 70th intersection. Honestly, as much as Logan's Roadhouse is "just another rustic roadhouse joint" at least it will help spread the wealth in that area. The Roadhouse Grill is always packed, and honestly I'd rather eat at Logan's anyday over Roadhouse Grill.

Youree Drive also needs - and could easily support - a Hooters. We need more lunchtime options in that part of Shreveport-Bossier, but I do agree we need more nice dinner places as well.

Oh... and Bonefish has said before that they are working on this market still. I wish they would hurry up, but there is supposedly a franchise in the works. Only time will tell. Shreveport-Bossier is currently the largest metro area in Louisiana which is still lacking a Bonefish Grill, but we do have TGI Friday's and Fuddrucker's (2 locations) coming soon. Both of those chain had completely left this state within the past few years so we must be doing something right.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:16 PM   #22
SBCmetroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
I initially heard the rumor about dave&Busters from some kids that were working @ Outback- A girl was telling her friend about applying there, so I butted in and asked "what about Dave&Busters?" She said she applied on-line, and they were going to be near tgi fridays.....?
Very nice, thanks for that information. I would love to see this happen.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:11 PM   #23
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
Dave & Buster's is finally coming to shv.- maybe we will get a SPEEDZONE !
where is the D&B going to be??? I love that place.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:12 PM   #24
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
never mind, I just read the rest of the thread. Looks like it will be a hit if this thread is any indication.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:37 PM   #25
Morpheus
Advanced Member

I'm actually excited about the buffalo wild wings. The food sucks, but I love that trivia game they have there.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:13 PM   #26
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
I'm actually excited about the buffalo wild wings. The food sucks, but I love that trivia game they have there.
Trivia game??? Any devout reader of People could probably kick your bootay in that game. We might have to make a SB Trivia contest at Wild Wings!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:28 PM   #27
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
LOL out here 'round Blanchard way.. and after seeing a new "car wash" get built, a new bank, and a new fireworks stand get built... I'm "Excited" about the new Sonic being built
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:47 AM   #28
vixweb
Advanced Member

I saw that new Sonic out there today- I have one about 1/4 mile from my house and I love it!
And I still think we need a SPEED ZONE !!

Last edited by vixweb; 11-20-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:17 AM   #29
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I am most excited about the DSW Shoe Warehouse being put in on Youree Drive. Poor Mr. Belle!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:27 AM   #30
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
I am most excited about the DSW Shoe Warehouse being put in on Youree Drive. Poor Mr. Belle!
Now Tbelle we know you would not have a poor man Mr. Belle must have a gold mine to keep you happy
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote