Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 02-23-2007, 01:37 PM   #31
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I agree, hence my statement about why public indecency might apply, but rape would not. Solicitating a minor is highly questionable because it wasn't actually a minor. The intent is compelling, but can he be prosecuted for it alone?
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #32
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
>This however was not a false accusation
Sure it was. There no minor involved.
True there is no *real* minor involved just like with a prostitution sting there is no real prostitute involved. I don't know if they are allowed to use real drugs in a drug sting or not. I would suspect so, but but then a drug is an object and not a person which can be harmed or violated.

The whole premise of a "sting" seems to be based on a virtual prostitute or a virtual victim because if they used the "real thing", the law enforcers would be breaking the actual law that they are trying to enforce. So the result would be to accept this "catch 22" and not allow stings, or else create laws that work around this "catch 22" so that law enforcers are allowed to setup sting operations.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:16 PM   #33
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

KTBS -- Mar 4 2007 4:16 PM
Another suspected predator reeled in
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #34
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbl_admin
A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

KTBS -- Mar 4 2007 4:16 PM
Another suspected predator reeled in
He's being held on a $120,000 bond. They really should just let them rot in jail no bond.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #35
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
You know, I've run a few forums and chat rooms in the past and talking sex in such public places can get you in trouble if you don't know how to communicate such things without sounding like a pervert.

A few years ago, I was running a chat room on AOL. Some 17-yo girl sent me an IM asking a question about her relationship, which was common for the topic of my chat room. She was pregnant with the child of some 19-yo guy she knew. We spoke for a while and started talking about the dangers of unprotected sex and why not every birth control method is 100% effective. The real trick with me though is that in such public environments (where the user might actually be a cop), I do not refer to sex as simply "sex." Instead, I substitute this term with a stiffer and more professional-sounding term such as, "sexual intercourse."

This helps to stress that my reference to the term is not on a personal level and really makes it hard for someone to say you were flirting or soliciting sex. This is a useful thing to remember when talking sex in public or online.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:02 PM   #36
tigress

Rep Power: 0 tigress will become famous soon enough tigress will become famous soon enough
Can anyone tell me....

What happened with this... what has become of Slocum???
tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:16 PM   #37
tigress

Rep Power: 0 tigress will become famous soon enough tigress will become famous soon enough
Question Question

I have looked to see what ever happened in this case. I do not live in Shreveport any longer, does anyone know what happened?
tigress is offline   Reply With Quote