Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-13-2007, 10:43 PM   #1
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Left brain vs. Right Brain

Ran across this on another message board..

Quote:
The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?
If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.
Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS.........RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic...............................uses feeling
detail oriented......................."big picture" oriented
facts rule................................imagination rules
words and language..............symbols and images
present and past...................present and future
math and science...................philosophy & religion
can comprehend....................can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
knowing.................................believes
acknowledges.......................appreciates
order/pattern perception.......spatial perception
knows object name................knows object function
reality based..........................fantasy based
forms strategies....................presents possibilities
practical.................................impetuou s
safe.......................................risk taking

Last edited by LateNight; 10-14-2007 at 12:14 PM.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Reading this would leave me to "believe" that the left side lacks emotion.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Left brian dead

I natually see her turning clockwise and have to focus to see her turning counterclockwise.
Wow this is neat....(right brain)
What does this prove.....(left brain)
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Yea, try as I might, I just can't see her turning counter-clock wise no matter how hard I try ! asked the wife to take a look, she says "it's turning clockwise.... " and I'm like yeah.. and then she says "oh wait, now it's turning counter-clockwise" and I'm like NOT IT ISN'T !! LOL

yeah, I don't necessarily agree with their comments on "left brain vs right brain" definitions etc..

someone posted this picture with the following explanation..
Quote:
Look at this capture closely.
-You can see it as her facing you with her left leg and arm extended rotating counter-clockwise
...................or
-You can see it as her having her back to you with her right leg and arm extended rotating clockwise.

Here, I'm able to do what they describe and I can see her facing either way. But when it's in motion, I can only see clockwise rotation.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:14 PM   #5
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Stare at her outside moving foot and Imagine as she is turning clockwise and her foot reaches a point 90 degrees from your point of view she changes and comes back counterclockwise.
Or imagine she is facing you the whole time and simply swinging her foot back and forth from right to left then left to right.
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:04 PM   #6
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by howela View Post
Stare at her outside moving foot and Imagine as she is turning clockwise and her foot reaches a point 90 degrees from your point of view she changes and comes back counterclockwise.
Or imagine she is facing you the whole time and simply swinging her foot back and forth from right to left then left to right.
Weird! Initially with a casual glance I saw counterclockwise. Then after reading further I can only see clockwise, no matter what I try.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #7
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I can see it going both ways (but not at the same time) It was like I looked away and then looked back and she was spinning opposite. I could only make that happen once though...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:58 PM   #8
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
I can see it going both ways (but not at the same time) It was like I looked away and then looked back and she was spinning opposite. I could only make that happen once though...
boy do I feel like a dope. She, uh, well, she goes both ways! If you watch her long enough she will change directions. I don't think it's left or right brain interpretation. Maybe you guys already saw it and the joke's on me.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Well now we got a gal that swings both ways I can only see her turn to the right
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:52 PM   #10
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
> She goes both ways

LOL, good one!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:24 PM   #11
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Well now we got a gal that swings both ways I can only see her turn to the right

LOL something we can agree on LOL I can only see her go clock-wise as well.. try as I might.. Yet I'm surrounded by folks telling me "Oh look, she changed directions" I figure I must be concentratin' on her boobs too much, watchin' them go 'round n' 'round CLOCKWISE !! LOL
Old 10-15-2007, 08:43 PM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
LOL something we can agree on LOL I can only see her go clock-wise as well.. try as I might.. Yet I'm surrounded by folks telling me "Oh look, she changed directions" I figure I must be concentratin' on her boobs too much, watchin' them go 'round n' 'round CLOCKWISE !! LOL
We can agree to agree now that is nice. Football must be sucking tonight. I wonder if these robots have a kill switch for when they get locked up ?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:09 PM   #13
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Well I saw her go both ways as well! Like rhertz if I looked down and looked back up she might change??

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:16 PM   #14
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
you guys must have ADD. You're not waiting long enough. Wait, and I promise she will change.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:24 PM   #15
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
I saw her go both ways and I didn't have to look away. I saw her go clockwise, then counter clockwise, then sway side to side, then clockwise again. Weird.