Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Music

Notices

Old 04-29-2007, 07:34 PM   #1
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Preferred media player application?

What program(s) do you guys use to listen/watch/etc media content on your computer?

I prefer Windows Media Player because I can browse through the songs I want to listen to, play folders of artists, etc, and know what I'm about to listen to. I have a lot of music so I like to keep it extra organized, plus the fact that my keyboard has media hotkeys that seem to work best with WMP.

iTunes is okay.. but the shuffle is too... "non-random".. I don't know.. I can't see what kind of reason there would be for selecting certain artists, but sometimes it will just continue to play over and over different songs from the same artist, and it's supposed to be shuffling! I've seen it literally go through maybe 50 songs by the same artist before switching to another (because there were none left to "shuffle through).

Anyway, what do you guys use and why?
Old 04-29-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I use Media Player or Winamp. On rare occasions, I may use Real Player.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:22 PM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quicktime and iTunes for most everything I watch or listen too.
I've digitized every CD and every Album and cassette I ever owned. have about 5,600 tunes in my iTunes library. Use Quicktime to watch the videos, and at times use the VLC player. Have been downloading and watching Replays of Saints games from last season

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Quicktime and iTunes for most everything I watch or listen too.
I've digitized every CD and every Album and cassette I ever owned. have about 5,600 tunes in my iTunes library. Use Quicktime to watch the videos, and at times use the VLC player. Have been downloading and watching Replays of Saints games from last season

Well I downloaded people's digitized songs.. and I have about.. 12,000 or something songs..

yea I use the VLC sometimes to watch certain full version movies I also "find" online.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:32 PM   #5
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
I use itunes at home and windows media player at work.
cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:09 AM   #6
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Media Player for most video applications

Winamp for all music and even the "what I'm listening to now" in my signature.....yes it is live when winamp is playing.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote