Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Old 06-06-2007, 01:27 PM   #76
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>Some of us learned in history class that we kicked some ass WITH the Russians not to terribly long ago, against a man and an army that really was ****ing evil, so I know for a FACT all Russians are not bad, and you would too if you weren't a complete and total idiot.

That demonstrates a profound lack of knowledge regarding World War II history.

1. The Russians were fine letting the Nazis rampage all over Europe killing whomever they pleased. It wasn't until Hitler decided he wanted Moscow, too, that the Russkies joined "our" side.

2. They were never really on our side, they just had one common enemy: Germany. We had to plan how to handle Russia as much as had to plan how to handle Germany/Italy throughout the entire war. Witness the race to Berlin in 45 for evidence. Patton was a smart man.

3. Not only did we fight against a man and an army that was "****ing evil" we fought on the same side as a man and an army that was "****ing evil." Stalin was in a league of his own as far as evil goes (well, maybe Mao is close, both killed a whole hell of a lot more people than Hitler did). There was no problem that Russia couldn't solve by throwing a few hundred thousand/million bodies at it.

4. Almost anybody with any authority over anything during WWII is long dead so basing your opinion of today's Russians on the actions of those 60+ years isn't very smart.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #77
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Russia the sleeping giant? Isn't that what the Japanese called the US right after Pearl Harbor? Admiral Yamamoto is rumored to have said, "I fear all we have done is awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with terrible resolve".

Hopefully it will take such as act of aggression to "wake up" a sleeping giant. I doubt that the US has such plans as the Japanese did so they will stay asleep.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:33 PM   #78
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
joepole you nailed it right on the head. Patton never trusted the Russians and for a good reason.

Please excuse brain he did not finish 9th grad
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:34 PM   #79
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
You know that the Russians are not bad then carry your butt over there and live with them. You are blind to facts and choose to be that way. You work your evil worm by attacking people so they will not disagree with you. Tracey you vile words against me and others I know on this board are a cheap tactic.
You have had plenty of time to act like a adult but choose not to so I will flame you every time you get out of line little boy.
Fighting fire with fire. I guess that is one possible tactic.... Sure gets hot around here though....
Old 06-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #80
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>You know that the Russians are not bad then carry your butt over there and live with them.

That also makes no sense.

I don't think the people in Tanzania are bad folks, but I sure as hell don't want to live there. Russia, on the other hand, is an awesome place to live if you're rich.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:40 PM   #81
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
joepole have you ever been to Russia ? If so what did you think of the over all state of the people ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:44 PM   #82
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

I know some super nice guys who live in Latvia? Does that count?
Old 06-06-2007, 04:07 PM   #83
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
You know that the Russians are not bad then carry your butt over there and live with them. You are blind to facts and choose to be that way. You work your evil worm by attacking people so they will not disagree with you. Tracey you vile words against me and others I know on this board are a cheap tactic.
You have had plenty of time to act like a adult but choose not to so I will flame you every time you get out of line little boy.

I LOVE my country, which is considerable more than I can say for a terrorist piece of **** who utilizes lies and propaganda for his own selfish desires.

Still doesn't make Russia communist, ****tard
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #84
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
>Some of us learned in history class that we kicked some ass WITH the Russians not to terribly long ago, against a man and an army that really was ****ing evil, so I know for a FACT all Russians are not bad, and you would too if you weren't a complete and total idiot.

That demonstrates a profound lack of knowledge regarding World War II history.

1. The Russians were fine letting the Nazis rampage all over Europe killing whomever they pleased. It wasn't until Hitler decided he wanted Moscow, too, that the Russkies joined "our" side.

2. They were never really on our side, they just had one common enemy: Germany. We had to plan how to handle Russia as much as had to plan how to handle Germany/Italy throughout the entire war. Witness the race to Berlin in 45 for evidence. Patton was a smart man.

3. Not only did we fight against a man and an army that was "****ing evil" we fought on the same side as a man and an army that was "****ing evil." Stalin was in a league of his own as far as evil goes (well, maybe Mao is close, both killed a whole hell of a lot more people than Hitler did). There was no problem that Russia couldn't solve by throwing a few hundred thousand/million bodies at it.

4. Almost anybody with any authority over anything during WWII is long dead so basing your opinion of today's Russians on the actions of those 60+ years isn't very smart.
1. What a coincidence, so were WE until Pearl Harbor got bombed.

2. When your fighting an army that wants to control the world and is slaughtering millions of innocent people, EVERYONE against them is your ally. Notice the Soviets agreed to divide Berlin even though THEY won the race to Berlin.

3. There's a difference between throwing bodies at your own problems and killing people just because they exist. That's the difference between someone who is truely evil and a military leader doing his job.

4. No ****, that's what I'm trying to tell ********...cold war Russia no longer exists. That certainly doesn't mean everyone over there loves America, likewise, it also doesn't mean everyone is atheist or evil and hell bent on destroying America as the political moron would have folks believe.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #85
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

>1. What a coincidence, so were WE until Pearl Harbor got bombed.

No, we weren't. We were supplying the Allies with men, money, and material for years, letting Hitler and Hirohito wear out their swords. Russia signed a non-aggression pact with the Nazis.

>2. When your fighting an army that wants to control the world and is slaughtering millions of innocent people, EVERYONE against them is your ally. Notice the Soviets agreed to divide Berlin even though THEY won the race to Berlin.

The Soviets agreed to divide Berlin because they knew they couldn't afford (in money or military output) not to. Witness the airlift debacle.

>3. There's a difference between throwing bodies at your own problems and killing people just because they exist. That's the difference between someone who is truely evil and a military leader doing his job.

You don't know much about Stalin, do you? He literally killed people for looking at him funny. Six million died in the Holocaust? Stalin killed at least three times that many, possibly ten times. He was not even close to being "a military leader doing his job."

>4. No ****, that's what I'm trying to tell ********...cold war Russia no longer exists. That certainly doesn't mean everyone over there loves America, likewise, it also doesn't mean everyone is atheist or evil and hell bent on destroying America as the political moron would have folks believe.

No, but that's a pretty good description of the people in control over there.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #86
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
>1. What a coincidence, so were WE until Pearl Harbor got bombed.

No, we weren't. We were supplying the Allies with men, money, and material for years, letting Hitler and Hirohito wear out their swords. Russia signed a non-aggression pact with the Nazis.

>2. When your fighting an army that wants to control the world and is slaughtering millions of innocent people, EVERYONE against them is your ally. Notice the Soviets agreed to divide Berlin even though THEY won the race to Berlin.

The Soviets agreed to divide Berlin because they knew they couldn't afford (in money or military output) not to. Witness the airlift debacle.

>3. There's a difference between throwing bodies at your own problems and killing people just because they exist. That's the difference between someone who is truely evil and a military leader doing his job.

You don't know much about Stalin, do you? He literally killed people for looking at him funny. Six million died in the Holocaust? Stalin killed at least three times that many, possibly ten times. He was not even close to being "a military leader doing his job."

>4. No ****, that's what I'm trying to tell ********...cold war Russia no longer exists. That certainly doesn't mean everyone over there loves America, likewise, it also doesn't mean everyone is atheist or evil and hell bent on destroying America as the political moron would have folks believe.

No, but that's a pretty good description of the people in control over there.
1. We're America, supplying aid to foreign countries is what we do. They're current state of war is irrelevant.

2. And yet they survived for nearly 50 more years, competed in the arms race with the only other superpower in the world, waged war in the middle east, and I think they would have been successful had it not been for our intervention. Sorta goes against your theory of not having the money to further their "empire", huh? What happened to just "throwing bodies" at their problems?

3. Hey, I'm not trying to say Stalin was a "good" guy by ANY stretch of the imagination, I'm saying there were 2 sides in WW2 and the Russians picked the right one, regardless of the reason, and in my opinion, the entire world benefited from the combination.

4. Really, and exactly how many innocent people has Putin put to death?
Old 06-06-2007, 06:31 PM   #87
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
1. We're America, supplying aid to foreign countries is what we do. They're current state of war is irrelevant.
Now even you don't believe this. This is like saying that Louisiana supplies "pork" via the good ole boy's network. But the current state of the recipients is irrelevant. Trust me, taking sides is very relevant when it comes to handouts.