Old 10-29-2007, 09:45 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post One-on-One with Louisiana Gov. Blanco

Talk of the Town with Tom Pace: One-on-One with Louisiana Gov. Blanco
Podcast Interview on www.shreveport.com, Tuesday, October 30th, 2007

By Tom Pace, Executive Editor, SBLive!

Governor Kathleen Blanco is now transitioning with Governor-Elect Bobby Jindal, as she counts down the final days as Louisiana’s first woman governor. 78 Days ‘til Jindal takes the oath of office on January 14th, 2008.

Executive Editor for SBLive!, Tom Pace, will interview Blanco this Monday on her past 4 years as Louisiana Governor, along with her political career.
Host of “Talk of the Town” Pace will focus on her administration:
the “highs”...the “lows”... Katrina, Rita, FEMA, and, her future plans.

Governor Kathleen Blanco, A Look Back, will be a retrospective for the Governor… when & why she decided not to run for re-election…and,
how does she want to be remembered.

The interview will also be videotaped, and parts to be posted on
www.shreveport.com.

You may message Tom with any questions you want to be considered at member "Tom Pace" or you may e-mail Tom at tompace@shreveport.com.

sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:58 AM   #2
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I said it back in 2005, and that picture above really reminds me that while many people think of those that were killed or left homeless by Katrina, most don't realize that the real tragedy that came out of that storm was that the rest of the country found out how unattractive our governor is.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Joepole tell us how it really is I think that Kathy will need to go to west Shreveport to find a group that will like her politics.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I may not always like her politics, however I do think it was purely the luck of the draw that she was tasked with dealing with a problem that no politician has ever dealt with in my time of this earth - The utter devestation of a major US city.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
This is North LA and even if the DNC owns Shreveport it does not carry the day for the North part of the state. I see they are taking a close look at Ray Nagin
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
New Orleans wasn't anywhere near being "a major US city."

Also, I think you're forgetting about San Francisco.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:20 PM   #7
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
New Orleans is a toilet bowl and Katrina was the flush. Blanco can follow her favorite voters to Houston.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
...how unattractive our governor is.
Do I detect an ad hominem attack there joe??
Old 10-29-2007, 04:45 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
New Orleans wasn't anywhere near being "a major US city."
Sure it is. It was the largest city in our state. Ranks 38th if I count right.
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0763098.html

Quote:
Also, I think you're forgetting about San Francisco.
That was not in my lifetime. (Re: within my time on this earth )
Old 10-29-2007, 05:16 PM   #10
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

>Do I detect an ad hominem attack there joe?

No, an ad hominem attack is when you use a personal attack to counter a person's point. I wasn't attack her point, I was attacking her looks.

>Sure it is. It was the largest city in our state. Ranks 38th if I count right.

38th is a long way from major. Portland is the largest city in Maine, Billings is the largest city in Montana, and Charleston is the largest city in West Virginia. None of those are major cities, either. A major city is one that is large and important to the country. New Orleans was only (by your estimate) 38th in size and wasn't very important outside the region (not in the last 100 years, anyway). Notice how the rest of the country wasn't affected at all by N.O.'s near-total shutdown?
Old 10-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #11
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Has anyone else noticed how Guliani turned his handling of a huge disaster into national prominence and a Presidential bid yet Blanco and Nagin turned their handling of one into the embarrassment of their careers?
Old 10-29-2007, 05:32 PM   #12
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
I noticed the difference between them, as far as their leadership qualities, thats for sure.
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:25 PM   #13
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Has anyone else noticed how Guliani turned his handling of a huge disaster into national prominence and a Presidential bid yet Blanco and Nagin turned their handling of one into the embarrassment of their careers?
Yeah...I noticed...but did ya notice how Nagin's incompetence did absolutely nothin to prevent him from bein re-elected? Cuz I sure as hell noticed. Besides, what exactly did Guliani do that was so heroic and "above and beyond the call o' duty"? How does losin 341 NYC firefighters, 23 NYC police officers, 37 Port Authority police officers, 2 paramedics, and over 2600 citizens on his watch make Guliani "America's Mayor"? He did nothin but lose people! He's every bit as incompetent as Nagin.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:15 AM   #14
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Blanco and Nagin
Yeah as long as you say them in the same breath, then yeah Boolean math supports your statement.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:37 AM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Yeah as long as you say them in the same breath, then yeah Boolean math supports your statement.
Oh now rhertz you do so love the top of the fence
Click image for larger version

Name:	squirrelly.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	1728