Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Family & Home

Notices

Old 12-06-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
brent

Rep Power: 0 brent is on a distinguished road brent is on a distinguished road
realtors are leaches

I’m slashing the price to my home, and I would like it if the realtor would cut their fees to help out. I mean, I may lose money on my home, and this leach is going to walk away with about $30,000.
brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:23 PM   #2
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Hey I feel for you. But would you expect a stock broker to cut their commissions on a sale because it was a loss?

I am curious why such a big loss. Do you feel it has anything to do with the "housing bubble"? Or a new political climate in town? or what?

In any event, I took a $38k hickie on my first townhome back in the early 90's and also a $20k hit on a small warehouse around that same time. I know the feeling. It sucks. I think real estate works out better if you are lucky enough to inherit some!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:03 AM   #3
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Realtors are middlemen, are they not? If Im not mistaken, they merely list and show the homes, right? And those are two things you could do yourself. You could also line up your own appraisal and inspection, and the phonebook is full of mortgage companies. Am I missing something?

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 12-07-2006 at 12:07 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:37 AM   #4
jonathan

Rep Power: 0 jonathan is on a distinguished road jonathan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
I’m slashing the price to my home, and I would like it if the realtor would cut their fees to help out. I mean, I may lose money on my home, and this leach is going to walk away with about $30,000.
That’s horrible to hear. I’m sorry about that. How far are you in selling your home? Have you tried selling your house yourself? There are services online that can help.
jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:30 AM   #5
brent

You mean put an ad in my newspaper? Ahhhh…. I’m not too sure about that.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:24 AM   #6
jonathan

Rep Power: 0 jonathan is on a distinguished road jonathan is on a distinguished road
no, no. there’s sites out there that will help you sell your house for a flat fee of just a few hundred. Check out www.forsalebyowner.com. Let me know what you think.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:50 AM   #7
brent

thanks for letting me know. I signed up for their services, and fired my realtor. I need money as much as he does, and it’s my house, so it’s my money.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:48 AM   #8
jonathan

LOL. Nice attitude.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:44 AM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
realtors are leaches

Only if you let them be leaches. This is not the best time of year to sell a house I think that spring time is best and even better in the summer as most folks are looking at school zones and do not like to move there children in the middle of the school year. Enjoy Christmas then sell your home.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:29 AM   #10
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
I sold my home in bossier city last year, it took me almost a year to sell it and it wasn't fun but I had to do what I had to do to move. I was moving into an area where the housing bubble was WAY THROUGH THE ROOF! The site I used was http://www.infotube.net what i did was created the information, printed out the forms and went to home depot and purchased the for sale by owner sign and the info tube to go on top the for sale sign (cost approximately 30.00) and put the sign in my front yard. I did do open house for a few months and that got very old so I went to appointment only (ad in the paper wasn't too bad for pricing) and included a border and picture with the appt only ad.

Get READY! Realators will call you everyday mainly mondays and once infotube is up they do the same. I learned their phone numbers and also voices and would give it to them hard when they would call. Basically what did i need them for if i was doing the samething? I could leave work at anytime stay home if need be and was home all weekend so what did I need them for? Most charge at least 6% you can get them down to 3% if you are lucky but I needed all the money.

I wish you luck with the sale of your house and don't let anyone of those realators talk you into using them I had one that was so dirty left me a voice mail about a job opportunity? It was for the sale on my house and wanting to sell it i got very ugly with her for lying.

The tire kickers were the worse for open house thats what made me quit. I had some rude neighbor just want to compare my house to hers and another lady come in just to take pictures of my kitchen because she was redoing hers! That did it for me I figured only serious people would schedule an appt and I was so right.

My house sold finally and I was able to move and make 20k on the sale!

Last edited by scarlett; 12-07-2006 at 11:19 AM.
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #11
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
I can certainly understand the desire to cut out the realtor.. like you say IT'S YOUR MONEY!!!

For many of us, buying a home is our biggest investment.
however I will say that my experience with selling and/or buying a house is one heck of an ordeal !! I tried to sell my first house, and had some lame realtor, waited months and months.. I finally gave up. A few years later, I hooked up with another realtor, she did one heck of a job showing off that house and had it sold in less than a month and for what I was asking for it. And not only that, she found us one heck of a new house, that we've been living in for about 10 years now. Since then, I've recommended this realtor to a few people and she has always pulled through.

But again, I can certainly understand the desire to cut these realtors out, and keep the money for yourself.. just comes down to what you want to do your self. WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK. and yea selling a house this time of year can be difficult..
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:53 PM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Love to hear from Isabella on this one

What ya say girl ?
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #13
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I once sold a house and ended up in litigation. That is when a good reputable Realtor comes in handy (as a witness on the stand). After two days trial, I won my case and there is no way I would have won had I done it on my own.

Of course most sales don't end up in litigation. So chances are you won't be as unlucky as I was. It took over a year to settle everything and the more professionals involved the better IMHO. Of course out of my $25k winnings, my attorney fees were $10k. So it is best to stay out of court if at all possible. But my Realtor didn't get anything extra. Testifying was part of her commission and job.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:09 PM   #14
Hattie Thomas

Rep Power: 0 Hattie Thomas is on a distinguished road Hattie Thomas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Hattie Thomas
The King of All LandLords Norman Fell

May Mr. Roper Rest in Peace

Hattie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #15
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie Thomas
May Mr. Roper Rest in Peace

OFF TOPIC????????????? Or am I lost somewhere?
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote