Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you a Christian ?
Yes I am a Christian 13 68.42%
No I am not a Christian 4 21.05%
I am of another faith 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 09:09 PM   #76
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
[quote=Sheba]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz

Those are powerful words and concepts. Very encouraging to me personally! Here's a quote I like: When the voice and the vision on the inside become more profound, and more clear and loud, than the opinions on the outside, you've mastered your life (Dr. John Demartini) That's living loud, and you've got that!!
Thank you Sheba even though that post was squarely pointed at Brainsmasher to answer his question in the most accurate way I know how.

Re: That's living loud, and you've got that!!

Hehehe, dunno about that, but I might have to read this one again in the morning while I'm dragging myself out of bed. Not an easy thing to do anymore.... I need the motivation. Thanks again.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:25 PM   #77
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
[quote=rhertz]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba

Thank you Sheba even though that post was squarely pointed at Brainsmasher to answer his question in the most accurate way I know how.

Re: That's living loud, and you've got that!!

Hehehe, dunno about that, but I might have to read this one again in the morning while I'm dragging myself out of bed. Not an easy thing to do anymore.... I need the motivation. Thanks again.
You're so welcome The words for BS are good ones, but others are always watching & listening & reading to see how we handle things. I appreciate the character in your words.

As far as morning - it's filled with new mercies - Got to get out of that bed to catch as many as possible. That's why I love mornings - early is great!!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:29 AM   #78
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
[quote=rhertz]
Quote:

Get that puppy up & moving!! Good things waiting as the day unfolds!!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:39 AM   #79
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Not without turning into an outlaw he coundn't (evidently), you are correct. That was the plan. Maybe it took such a plan to trick satan. Who woulda thought......

So what you are saying is that your all powerful and all knowing omnipotent god, DOES in fact have limitations placed on his "powers".

Interesting, because that's basically the exact opposite of what you've been preaching for the last 3 months.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:42 AM   #80
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Brain I believe there is a difference between condemning and disagreeing. You don't seem to understand the difference between the two.
Telling someone their time on this world is short and the fall is going to hurt isn't "disagreeing" with them.

Even YOU aren't that stupid, so stop acting like I am.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:43 AM   #81
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Good point Ms Belle. The difference is between "contructive critisism" and "b!tching". With the first, the person with a differing opinion also has a new solution in mind. While b!tching is just that - pointing out a problem while providing no solutions. Just pointing out you are wrong and life sucks and there is nothing you can do about it.
So you have a NEW solution because it's sounds like the same 2007 year old bull**** to me.....
Old 05-02-2007, 06:46 AM   #82
BrainSmashR
Banned

[quote=rhertz]
Quote:

Nodding, the big question for me personally is this? Would I do the same as He did? Maybe I would and maybe I wouldn't pass that test of faith by putting true discomfort to the test. I hope I never have to find out, to that extent. Heh, I doubt I would pass that degree of test. But on the otherhand, without being put to the test at some level, how do you know who you really are? Or what you can do?
I didn't ask you to compare yourself to god, I indicated how an omnipotent being should be able to come up with better solutions than torturing and murdering his own son.

If your god exists, he is a FAILURE, and unworthy of worship, plan and simple.
Quote:
I do believe this. Raising a family or running a company is uncomfortable at times. Even downright painful. But I do it, and with a smile on my face. Even when I don't feel like it. I don't even know why, which means that it became second nature. This means that something greater than I am has "soaked in" to me, and I am very happy even though I have never worked so hard or been in so much pain before. It seems to me that even "paradise on earth" is a relative thing.

Yep, but you don't claim to walk on water and have unlimited power, do you?
Old 05-02-2007, 08:51 AM   #83
WOLF BITTEN WITCH BLOOD

Rep Power: 0 WOLF BITTEN WITCH BLOOD will become famous soon enough WOLF BITTEN WITCH BLOOD will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to WOLF BITTEN WITCH BLOOD Send a message via MSN to WOLF BITTEN WITCH BLOOD Send a message via Yahoo to WOLF BITTEN WITCH BLOOD
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I agree. This thread will definitely bring some flames up. You all know my stand already. I'm a Pagan and quite proud of it.

Although, your 2nd and 3rd options are rather synonyous, aren't they?

PAGAN AND PROUD HERE TOO!
Old 05-02-2007, 08:59 AM   #84
WOLF BITTEN WITCH BLOOD

Rep Power: 0 WOLF BITTEN WITCH BLOOD will become famous soon enough WOLF BITTEN WITCH BLOOD will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to WOLF BITTEN WITCH BLOOD Send a message via MSN to WOLF BITTEN WITCH BLOOD Send a message via Yahoo to WOLF BITTEN WITCH BLOOD
[quote=BrainSmashR]
Quote:

I didn't ask you to compare yourself to god, I indicated how an omnipotent being should be able to come up with better solutions than torturing and murdering his own son.

If your god exists, he is a FAILURE, and unworthy of worship, plan and simple.

Yep, but you don't claim to walk on water and have unlimited power, do you?
I WANT TO COMMENT SO BAD ON THAT BUT WELL I THINK I BETTER NOT IF U WANNA KNOW PM ME CUZ OH BOY WOULD IT GET THIS BORED FIRED UP!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #85
WOLF BITTEN WITCH BLOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
ok, nearly 50% of the people posting on this topic have questioned the accuracy of your poll and it just so happens to be a full 100% of the people who aren't christian and 25% of all of those participating in the poll....but you go right on ahead and pretend that this will prove anything more than even an idiot and rig a poll to show what he wants it to show

BTW, do I get to vote twice since I'm not a christian AND I have faith in both man and science?
I WAS WONDERING ABOUT THAT MYSELF
Old 05-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #86
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Welcome to SBLive!, Wolf. Apart from the unusually long username, it's good to see another of my kind around. By the way, if you could turn your caps off when you post, that's be much appreciated.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:12 AM   #87
WOLF BITTEN WITCH BLOOD

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
I don't see what the big deal is with Christianity, maybe you should allow him some breathing room to decide.. you know.. his whole belief system?

It's not that easy.. and if you take it that way, it seriously discredits your message to others that religion is a serious means of living and yours is any better than another.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:43 AM   #88
BrainSmashR
Banned

Close to 50% now....why do I get the feeling even Isaac has to realize he's as stupid as everyone has told him his entire life.....
Old 05-02-2007, 12:18 PM   #89
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
This thread has run it's course and is now locked by SBLive! Administration.
Closed Thread