Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Food & Dining

Notices

Old 04-30-2007, 07:25 AM   #16
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
If I had my way it would all be illegal. Meaning anything that alters a persons senses that is not used for a true medical use. Yep maijuana does bring up serious business. Why don't you try being high on life instead of drugs?
But since it's not, you indulge in it anyway.

Seeing as marijuana has the most medicinal use of any scheduled drug labelled without it (it's only placed there so that there is no "medical" outcrop to work around the system and grow/distribute it by anyone.)
Old 04-30-2007, 07:27 AM   #17
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrevenator
Speaking of food, has anyone tried Cantina Larado at that new Bellemead Shopping Center? I really like Mexican food and the more authentic the better. But I'm not so sure about this place (yet) I heard that it is actually owned by ElChicos owners.
The Best Mexican food is any Mexican food until morning comes and it is all bad Mexican food
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:32 AM   #18
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Well since you asked, let's go down this road:

1) You've already admitted that you have driven while high. If I drink and it's always only one margarita, my husband drives. I have been hit been a drunk driver and will not put someone else's life at risk as was done to mine. Furthermore, driving under the influence of drugs is just as bad as alcohol. The difference here is that you THINK you are in control with the drugs which is the problem with the drugs itself. The grandiosity of ideas it gives you is one of the problems.

2) Marijuana is illegal for it's effects primarily. It's not illegal because of the money little boy. Otherwise one of the major pharmaceutical companies would already be profiting off of that market. Have you ever really done researched it or just read the articles that gave you the information you wanted to hear? How many known carcinogens are in marijuana? Go read again.

3) You also wrote it is debatable whether some of us are responsible enough to be able to drink. Well honey, I make my own money and therefore am able to pay for my own mistakes were I too make any. Of course, you can clearly see that I won't give the circumstances under which I imbibe. You on the other hand are still living under your parents home, driving a vehicle probably in their name, on their vehicle insurance, on their medical insurance, and doing this all while driving under the influence of drugs and putting how many people in this city at risk while you do it?
1) I've driven drunk before (only across the road, I had to.) and I even thought I was going to bust it, there's no way even anybody with more than one drink down is going to drive and still think they're okay to do it, if they do, they're ****ing stupid. Certain other drugs are different there, if you had done them, you'd know how much more composed you are as opposed to alcohol.

2) Carcinogens are only in the marijuana smoke.. from burning it.. vaporizers entirely eliminate that "risk" and you have pure THC extracted from it as it has a lower evaporation point than the plant itself. It is NOT illegal for its effects, if you researched who started the DEA and ANY legitimate source of information about those persons and their reasons for pressing probation, you would know as much as I do. It's comparable to saying "All Communists are bad because McCarthy says so, except I don't even know who McCarthy is or what he did, somebody just passed it along to me and I fully support it."

3) I make my own money too, I bought my own car, support myself almost fully, and not even a year from now I'll be there even further. The difference in "risk" and actually doing something is large. The biggest "risk" to your health is being alive, okay?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:46 AM   #19
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
1) I've driven drunk before (only across the road, I had to.) and I even thought I was going to bust it, there's no way even anybody with more than one drink down is going to drive and still think they're okay to do it, if they do, they're ****ing stupid. Certain other drugs are different there, if you had done them, you'd know how much more composed you are as opposed to alcohol.

2) Carcinogens are only in the marijuana smoke.. from burning it.. vaporizers entirely eliminate that "risk" and you have pure THC extracted from it as it has a lower evaporation point than the plant itself. It is NOT illegal for its effects, if you researched who started the DEA and ANY legitimate source of information about those persons and their reasons for pressing probation, you would know as much as I do. It's comparable to saying "All Communists are bad because McCarthy says so, except I don't even know who McCarthy is or what he did, somebody just passed it along to me and I fully support it."

3) I make my own money too, I bought my own car, support myself almost fully, and not even a year from now I'll be there even further. The difference in "risk" and actually doing something is large. The biggest "risk" to your health is being alive, okay?
Click here for drug thread : http://www.shreveport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1230
I love the refried beans and guacamole
Old 04-30-2007, 08:06 AM   #20
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry Sir Isaac, but I had to answer.

I love the Guac! especially when made fresh tableside.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:12 AM   #21
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Sorry Sir Isaac, but I had to answer.

I love the Guac! especially when made fresh tableside.
That table side Guac is hard to beat. It is tuff on the pound cakes so do a few extra work outs and eat till your belly is full.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:53 PM   #22
SBCmetroguy

Rep Power: 0 SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice
Eh, Superior is good but I'm tired of that place. I'm glad to see we've now got a TaMolly's in Bossier. That's a Texarkana-based chain and I love their original location on St. Michael Drive in Texarkana. I'm looking forward to trying their new local restaurant, which is the first of at least two which they plan to construct here.

As far as local fare goes, I'm a Nicky's fan myself. Posado's is good (the one on Bert Kouns anyway,) but being based in Tyler, TX I don't consider them "local."
SBCmetroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:57 PM   #23
SBCmetroguy

Rep Power: 0 SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylers5592 View Post
Superior is the best mexican food in the Shreveport-Bossier area.

Best Service.
Best Food.
Best EVERYTHING.

I don't know if any of you have tried it, but in Birmingham they have a resteraunt called Cocina Superior, which is a more modern Superior resteraunt.

It is OUTSTANDING.
I do believe thart Birmingham restaurant is part of the Superior chain (which consists of only 4 locations.) I know they have/had a location there. Also, Zapata's in downtown Texarkana was started by some disgruntled Superior employees and is identical to Superior in almost every way.
SBCmetroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:43 AM   #24
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCmetroguy View Post
Eh, Superior is good but I'm tired of that place. I'm glad to see we've now got a TaMolly's in Bossier.
Where at? I'm always game for a new mexican restaurant. Pepe's in Haughton is good as I recall but I haven't been there in years.

Just as a side note, I went to Cantina Laredo the other week and ordered a margarita. The waiter said they have over 40 kinds of tequila. I looked over at the bar and saw a familiar shaped bottle of Patron, only the contents was very dark and the label was black and gold. I never saw that before.

What's that? I said. He said something like Patron Negro Reserve or something like that. Then he said, "they don't sell it in stores. It costs $37.50 per shot"

I never fell out....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:38 PM   #25
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylers5592 View Post
Yes, the Superior chain includes 4 of the Superior Grills, 1 Steakhouse, and 1 Cocina Superior.

And, i don't know what the employees would have to be disgruntled about, from what I hear they are treated very well
Yeah I used to hang out with Carlos on Line Ave. and he was doing OK. Few complaints. Since we had kids, we don't go out as much, but I wish him well!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:52 AM   #26
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Our family LOVES Carlos!!!!! He is great and the nicest man. Our favorite waiter is Pepito!!!!! So funny Pepito is! We regularly eat at Superior, the Steakhouse, and have Superior catered to our office. The employees at Superior I have never heard complain. They seem to be very happy. I have learned as an employer that you can't make everybody happy. There is always going to be a bad apple come along.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #27
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
I think Superior has the best fajitas, the best chips and salsa and they have THE BEST puffy taco! I like the refried beans at nicky's. I swear they put bacon grease in them or something. Been to Cantina a few times. The relleno is ok. Good chips, but not crazy about the salsa. I like pasado's ok too, but the one in shreve has terrible service. I guess I would have to say that I love them all.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:08 AM   #28
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

If you are ever in Dallas, try Mi Cocina. I think there are several locations. The Galleria has one. I think one of the owners might be from Shreveport as I recall...

http://www.mcrowd.com/micocina.shtm
Old 10-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #29
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Well I must say that Mrs. Isaac makes some of the best Tex-Mex at home that I have had. She might thing different because she likes the restaurant but she is the queen of Tex/Mex and the occasional margarita.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:47 PM   #30
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
If you are ever in Dallas, try Mi Cocina. I think there are several locations. The Galleria has one. I think one of the owners might be from Shreveport as I recall...

http://www.mcrowd.com/micocina.shtm
My fave Mexican in Dallas would be Chuy's!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote