Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2007, 07:46 PM   #16
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
This problem is not going away and running home will just feed the beast. Yea I would love to love everybody and save tax dollars but it is so much more than that.
I never will understand this connection of the war on terror and freakin' Iraq.. didn't have nothing to do with it.. I've said it before, I'll say it one more freakin' time. When we went into Afghanistan.. to take out the Taliban.. here were folks with immediate connection.. I was all for that.. even ol' RON PAUL was for that. But we got no business being in the nation building process.. it never freakin' works.

Nobody here has problems with air strikes on training camps.. execution of terrorist leaders, etc....

Invading a country like Iraq.. which HAD NO CONNECTION.. all that does is piss off folks over there.. makes more folks willing to join Al Qaida and the like. To think all that goes on in Iraq.. makes us safer, is absolutely absurd.

And I never will understand this media.. that stand up and cheerleads for this war in Iraq and **** like the Patriot Act.. like it's all freakin' good for us.

the "war on terror" is likely to go on as long as the 'war on drugs'. This war in Iraq, helps us ZERO with the 'war on terror'. The more we expect the Government to protect us.. the more control they will have on us. The Bigger it will get. Passing up an opportunity to do something about that. Republicans USED to be about smaller government.. has not been the case in a long freakin' time.

Congressman Paul is no stranger to military support. Former president Ronald Reagan said, “Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country!”

Last edited by LateNight; 12-31-2007 at 07:59 PM.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote