Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Health

Notices

Old 03-19-2007, 09:27 PM   #16
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
The FDA would never approve alcohol if it came up for approval for over the counter use today. If you believe me so far, then the next step is to ask if alcohol has any legitimate uses, much like medical marijuana is being questioned today? If you cannot prove that alcohol is a medicine of some sort, then I would like to point out to you Christians out there that your sacrament would be illegal to possess or distribute if some people had their way. We already see tobacco smokers rights fading away. I am fairly consistent in my believe that government cannot engineer or provide a safe society, or at least one that I would want to live in.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:32 PM   #17
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Speaking of medical uses for alcohol, isn't alcohol also a santitizer?
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:39 PM   #18
Old Soul

Rep Power: 0 Old Soul is just really nice Old Soul is just really nice Old Soul is just really nice Old Soul is just really nice
Everyone take a deep breath and calm down.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I am in the medical profession. Ok, I just did. Now that we have that out of the way, let me say that all the drugs mentioned earlier have serious side effects. They slow down repsirations, they slow it down to a point where all we're doing by giving some of these drugs is a kind and gentle euthenization. The side effects of weed are not as severe. Another bonus of weed is that it tweeks the appetite, something that none of those other legal drugs can do.

Anyone remember that movie "Reefer Madness"? Pure propaganda. TRUST ME ON THIS, no one is going to lose their sanity and commit murder on the influence of reefer. And no one can over dose on it. But all that other stuff that's legal? Well. Yes you can.
Old Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:41 PM   #19
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Speaking of medical uses for alcohol, isn't alcohol also a santitizer?
Take a shot of this whiskey, and chew on this stick while I dig that bullet out of your shoulder
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #20
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Lol!

Quote:
A biology teacher wished to demonstrate to his students the harmful effects of alcohol on living organisms. For his experiment, he showed them a beaker with pond water in which there was a thriving civilization of worms. When he added some alcohol into the beaker the worms doubled-up and died.
"Now," he said,” what do you learn from this?"
An eager student gave his answer.
"Well the answer is obvious," he said " if you drink alcohol, you'll never have worms."
Old 03-19-2007, 09:43 PM   #21
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Ya know, if I wanna go to Mexico and pick the peyote buttons off some funny lookin little cacti and eat em, how is that anyone's business but mine?
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:46 PM   #22
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Hehehe! Mexico would probably be more accommodating than the States.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:49 PM   #23
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Same thing if I want to eat some strange mushroom. Long as I dont offer it to anyone under the age-o-majority, long as I dont go and commit some criminal act whilst under the influence of said mushroom, its nobody's goddamn business. Damn....now Im mad!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:52 PM   #24
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

I dunno why anyone would want to mess with shrooms. Is it true that they really grow on cow pies? >_<;
Old 03-19-2007, 09:59 PM   #25
Old Soul

Rep Power: 0 Old Soul is just really nice Old Soul is just really nice Old Soul is just really nice Old Soul is just really nice
Shrooms is bad business. Think rat poison.

I do not advocate the safetiness of any street drug. I don't believe alcohol is "safe". I'm just saying that weed is not as dangerous as other street drugs. Not as dangerous as alcohol for that matter, or prescribed, legitamate drugs.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:00 PM   #26
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Better livin thru chemistry! This is just another example of how intrusive the government has become. Theyve got no damn business gettin involved unless someone else's rights are being infringed upon.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:31 PM   #27
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 235 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
I don't understand why people need substances to make them feel good. I like to always be in control. When I was in college I had a boyfriend who smoked marijuana and a few other drugs. He and his friends behaved so stupid. There are some people who became addicted to drugs and died. It ruined some lives. I never wanted to participate and always left when people would start doing stuff. That boyfriend did not get to marry the girl he wanted and chased her for 6 years after she married and after he married and they each had children. He finally gave up and has had a miserable life, thanks to his love of marijuana +. His former girlfriend has a wonderful life.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:45 PM   #28
Old Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I can tell you this that there is never a reason for a cancer patient or any patient to need an illegal drug to ease their suffering. If a patient is suffering from nausea, there are plenty of perfectly legal drugs available to them to control it. Examples: Anzemet, Zofran, Compazine, etc. If a patient is suffering with pain, there are plenty of pain medicines available to them as well. All capable of keeping the patient comfortable and giving them quality of life as well. There are so many options available to a patient. There is no need to resort to marijuana. This is just an excuse people are using to use the drug. I am sick so I want this drug. But it's just an excuse which is just like a butthole...everybody's got one!

People who are sick such as the terminally ill require a very good physician who knows how to manage these problems such as nausea and pain and give them the correct medicines so that they don't have to suffer.
Let's take MORPHINE as an example. It's given to cancer patients for pain. Do you understand what the side effects of morphine are? Do you understand that morphine causes death? Can you provide me with one shred of evidence where weed is that deadly? Quality of life? Are you SERIOUS?!!?

Want another example? Let's talk Oxycontin. Legal. Legal and DEADLY.

Don't take my word for it. Ask your family doctor.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:54 PM   #29
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

If you are 18 or older, not mentally retarded, and are literate, you should have the right to smoke, shoot, ingest or inhale any damn substance you want, as it is UNDERSTOOD by you and everyone else that if it harms your body, YOU and nobody else are responsible, and it is also understood that you engage in these activities KNOWING the risks and rewards. Some people might see this as a question of morality, which we all know cant be legislated.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:59 PM   #30
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
morality, which we all know cant be legislated.
what ? WHAT you say ????
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote