Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Friends Of New Orleans

Notices

Old 08-03-2006, 10:24 PM   #1
Cadenza

Rep Power: 0 Cadenza will become famous soon enough Cadenza will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Cadenza
Smile Welcome to the Friends of New Orleans Forum

It is my hope that many of the countless number of people who have some connections or fondness for New Orleans will take advantage of this forum. New Orleans is so important not only to our Louisiana heritage and economy, but as one of the birthplaces of jazz, known for great food and history, a vital port, and one of the most unique destinations in the USA. Debate is welcome, but please keep your language polite and avoid ad hominem attacks. It will take a positive outlook and much work as well as money to bring New Orleans back even better than she was. Happy posting!

Your Friends of New Orleans moderator.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:15 AM   #2
kansast
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up This is great.

I will look forward to any news and updates about New Orleans. New Orleans has always been a favorite destination of mine.
Have plenty of family from the area, and more inlaws still living there.

I went to the Jazz Fest this year in April, had a great time. The Jazz Fest was truly a sign of the "return" of New Orleans.. but a quick drive around town makes it all SO VERY CLEAR how much work is left to be done.

I truly hope they can get things turned around, and I hope the merchants and folks of the area can hold on long enough for the tourism to return.

Kansast
kansast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:15 AM   #3
windshop

Rep Power: 0 windshop will become famous soon enough windshop will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to windshop
Spike Lee Movie

I saw the Spike Lee movie about Katrina last night. I am more angry now than I was while it happened. The movie showed me that the city of my birth was forever changed more by the failures of people, our politicians, and their policies than by Mother Nature.

The movie was very moving, but I felt the stories and interviews pinpointed the loss of only a few rather than emphasizing the losses of the many.

In any event, I am glad the movie was made. Maybe now that Americans have a clearer picture of what happened, their decisions in November will be more meaningful and easier to make.
windshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:44 AM   #4
Cadenza

Rep Power: 0 Cadenza will become famous soon enough Cadenza will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Cadenza
Spike Lee movie

I really wanted to see this documentary and was disappointed that it was on HBO. I don't have premium stations on my cable. Thanks for posting about it. If you haven't seen the movie kansast has posted here, take a look. It is very moving and has great music.