Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 08-31-2006, 03:42 PM   #16
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
It ain't over 'til it's over

Well it looks like it ain't over yet..

KTBS is reporting that Green is attempting to take it to the Louisiana Supreme Court, trying to keep Shyne from the city council race..

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:15 PM   #17
Cadenza

Rep Power: 0 Cadenza will become famous soon enough Cadenza will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Cadenza
Thumbs down Why do people elect convicted felons?

Especially when the crime is some kind of malfeasance in office? Like bribery? And why did the governor pardon the criminal? And how does the governor have any say over a federal conviction?

Is name recognition all it takes, whether it is due to competence or notoriety?

Can't say "only in Louisiana" because it isn't.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:45 AM   #18
kansast
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenza
Especially when the crime is some kind of malfeasance in office? Like bribery? And why did the governor pardon the criminal? And how does the governor have any say over a federal conviction
I tried doing a search for this, on Foster's original pardon, hoping to find out the "reason", but haven't had much luck yet. I'd be interested to hear the why's of that as well.

Kansast
kansast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:45 PM   #19
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Much of this reminds me of the flurry of Presidential pardons often granted at the end of a President's term. I remember some controversy when Clinton pardoned some shady individuals during his last day in office. Such pardons are pretty seedy if you ask me. If not, then why not pardon the individual during his first day in office instead of the last? I guess letting someone off the hook is nothing to be proud of.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote