Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Local News

Notices

Old 04-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #1
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Southwood Softball Coach Arrested

Today the Southwood Softball Coach was arrested for molesting girls at the school. Apparently the sheriff says, this happened on buses, his house, etc. and has been going on with him since the 1990's.

Well, duh, it's about time they arrested him for it. I have heard the stories of this coach for years. I think one of his players has even had a baby by him if rumors serve correct.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:24 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
What is it with these High School Teachers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Today the Southwood Softball Coach was arrested for molesting girls at the school. Apparently the sheriff says, this happened on buses, his house, etc. and has been going on with him since the 1990's.

Well, duh, it's about time they arrested him for it. I have heard the stories of this coach for years. I think one of his players has even had a baby by him if rumors serve correct.
Do they think they will not get caught and why did it take so long to get this guy heck girls talk among each other and this guy if guilty should have been caught a long time ago.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Isaac, there has been talk for years and I mean at least 12 that I know of about this guy and his fooling around with students. If I heard the rumors and I didn't even have a child going to school there, then you can't tell me the principals, etc. didn't hear the same ones.

I really think that he is married to a former student and they've had a child. I could be wrong but I believe that it is fact. Sad sad sad.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Isaac, there has been talk for years and I mean at least 12 that I know of about this guy and his fooling around with students. If I heard the rumors and I didn't even have a child going to school there, then you can't tell me the principals, etc. didn't hear the same ones.

I really think that he is married to a former student and they've had a child. I could be wrong but I believe that it is fact. Sad sad sad.
This is so very sad! I have heard rumors of things that have happened at alot of schools in our area. The administration etc. refuses to do anything til there is absolute died in the wool proof. They are more worried about messing with someone's tenure than kicking the pervs off the roster!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #5
Brutus

Rep Power: 0 Brutus is a jewel in the rough Brutus is a jewel in the rough Brutus is a jewel in the rough
He was also a coach at Parkway H.S. At that time there were rumors of his habits. It is amazing it takes this long for this to come out. A few bad coaches give them all a bad name. I have an idea. Let’s let the coaches be chief administrators of our school of higher learning.
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #6
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

I just watched the news story on this and I found a statement the Sheriff made to be so interesting. It should be taken to heart by every parent.

He said, "Parents, you need to be involved in your kids lives and know what is going on in them because if you don't there are men out there that are certainly willing to be involved in your child's life."

Apparently he even carried on an affair with two of his students for years after they graduated. The officials think there are more victims out there and waiting for them to come forward. Let's hope they do.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #7
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
This is unbelievable. What is wrong with people to allow this behavior to go on for years? Wonder how he got caught? He needs to be prosecuted for each offense.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #8
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
This is unbelievable. What is wrong with people to allow this behavior to go on for years? Wonder how he got caught? He needs to be prosecuted for each offense.
Last year there was another coach, a football coach, arrested for molesting a student. After that arrest, parents and persons began crying foul because this other coach had not even been investigated by the authorities. People had complained and known about him for years, nothing had been done, and now they were demanding that whatever you do to one you have to do to the other. So an investigation was launched by the Sheriff's Office into the second coach.

It is unbelievable that it took so long for him to get caught.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:46 AM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
It is time for the public school system to change

The screening process is not working so it is time for a change. If they are going to hire someone to work in close contact with our children they need a full background check not some half ass Q&A down at the school board. Drug test and polygraph would be a good start and then let the State Police run a check to find out just who they really are. If I found out one of the teachers molested my daughter he would be much better off in jail. I can say no more on that but you get the idea
Isaac
Old 04-12-2007, 09:57 PM   #10
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there another Southwood high school teacher busted about 6 months ago on the same charges? Or is this the same guy? It's hard to keep up, there are so many pervs out there! and the justice system takes so long, sometimes it's hard to know.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #11
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there another Southwood high school teacher busted about 6 months ago on the same charges? Or is this the same guy? It's hard to keep up, there are so many pervs out there! and the justice system takes so long, sometimes it's hard to know.
No this is the second one busted in just a few short months. If you really want to listen to rumors and they were out there for years about the one just arrested, then there is still one more teacher at Southwood that needs to be taken down. Scary thoughts about what teachers are getting away with.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #12
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
No this is the second one busted in just a few short months. If you really want to listen to rumors and they were out there for years about the one just arrested, then there is still one more teacher at Southwood that needs to be taken down. Scary thoughts about what teachers are getting away with.
So this makes two? I thought so. Where they both coaches? I don't remember the name of the first coach, but I remember his face in the news. Sad that these coaches prey on students. Like getting paid to be a perv...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:06 PM   #13
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus
He was also a coach at Parkway H.S. At that time there were rumors of his habits. It is amazing it takes this long for this to come out. A few bad coaches give them all a bad name. I have an idea. Let’s let the coaches be chief administrators of our school of higher learning.
Damn right he was coachin at Parkway. The guy's name is GREG FRAZIER, and he taught a history class I was in back there in the early 80's. It was rumored that he was sexually involved with a fellow student of mine. I even had a confrontation with him once. Always knew this guy was a schitbag! Now he's gettin his comeuppence, and I for one am gonna enjoy watchin him crash and burn.

You KNOW what happens to child molesters in the slammer, dontcha Frazier? Look on the bright side, you'll never be troubled with constipation again. Take your own life, you loser!

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 04-13-2007 at 01:13 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:30 AM   #14
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

I sure hope this is a wake up call for the School Board

These perverts are taking advantage of you naive girls that just think they know what the real world is about. I have three daughters the youngest is in mid high school and I know just how gullible they are at that age. They know their books and can debate anything you want but they also will trust their teachers to be their friend and teacher.It is easy for a adult to slip under radar early in his little game and by the time he is caught the damage is done to the girls and their families and even the family of the pervert gets hurt very bad. We see moral decline all around us and the question still comes up "I wonder way our society is in moral decline WE all know why !
Isaac
Old 04-13-2007, 08:24 AM   #15
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
These perverts are taking advantage of you naive girls that just think they know what the real world is about. I have three daughters the youngest is in mid high school and I know just how gullible they are at that age. They know their books and can debate anything you want but they also will trust their teachers to be their friend and teacher.It is easy for a adult to slip under radar early in his little game and by the time he is caught the damage is done to the girls and their families and even the family of the pervert gets hurt very bad. We see moral decline all around us and the question still comes up "I wonder way our society is in moral decline WE all know why !
Isaac
I would have thought the wake up call for Southwood would have been when he married one of his students shortly after she graduated and she was pregnant. It shouldn't have taken a rocket scientist to figure that one out!

Yes, Isaac, we all know why the decline is happening and it's a sad show to sit on the sidelines and watch.