Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Sushi in Shreveport Bossier

SBLive! staff explore the realm of sushi in the Shreveport-Bossier area
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Very nice column. I love sushi and going to a sushi bar is a blast. Mrs. Isaac does not do sushi so I will pick it up and take it home. I do make my own more than pick up. Yellow Fin Tuna and avocado will do just fine with soy and wasbi paste. Maybe one night when the kat is away I will slip out to the sushi bar again. Great subject choice.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #3
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Cool article... Ichiban has good sushi too. Only they don't serve alcohol (sake).
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:45 PM   #4
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Nice piece guys! The pictures were so vibrant. I guess I might like the cream cheese and jalapeno roll without any fish!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:35 AM   #5
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I think I'll just skip the sushi and head to Tokyo for some Teriyaki Chicken with fried rice!
Old 08-07-2007, 08:47 AM   #6
Bubba McMillian

Rep Power: 0 Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about
Raw Fish - I Don't Think So!

Great article but I'm still not gonna eat raw fish (except raw oysters).
Bubba McMillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:57 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba McMillian
Great article but I'm still not gonna eat raw fish (except raw oysters).
You will eat a raw oyster which is a bottom filter of the ocean but not a fresh cut of tuna which is at the top of the food chain ??
Click image for larger version

Name:	RAW.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	1317
I will take the tuna every time
Name:  sushi_maguro.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  27.2 KB
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:42 AM   #8
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Top of the food chain is the worst because it eats everything that everything below it has eaten. That's how carnivorous fish get so much mercury in them.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 AM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Top of the food chain is the worst because it eats everything that everything below it has eaten. That's how carnivorous fish get so much mercury in them.
Yeah but 200 years ago during the Edo period in old Tokyo, there was no mercury pollution. What is my point? I have no point......
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:51 AM   #10
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
The tuna and the oysters are both nasty. One looks like a cow booger and the other like a slice of raw cow tongue. Nasty, nasty, nasty.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:06 PM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
The tuna and the oysters are both nasty. One looks like a cow booger and the other like a slice of raw cow tongue. Nasty, nasty, nasty.
What is not to like about a cow tongue ? FYI Tuna do not eat oysters !
Old 08-07-2007, 02:36 PM   #12
LSU

Rep Power: 0 LSU is a jewel in the rough LSU is a jewel in the rough LSU is a jewel in the rough LSU is a jewel in the rough
i have to admit even i was a little hesitant about eating the "sashimi" or strip of raw fish if you didn't pay attention to the article!! but about two weeks ago i ate tuna, seabass,and salmon raw and it was one of the best things that i have ever eaten. i would compare it to the first time you eat an oyster: at first you are drawn back, then you taste it, then you realize that it is good, no really good, then you want more, and the next thing that you know you are at work craving it all day!
LSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #13
Allen Marsalis
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I think I'll just skip the sushi and head to Tokyo for some Teriyaki Chicken with fried rice!
That's the beauty of it. My wife and daughter gets steak and rice and my son and I get sushi! Best of both worlds....
Allen Marsalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:56 PM   #14
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Nope, LSU, you'll never ever see me craving an oyster. Chocolate yes, oyster no.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:08 PM   #15
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Never!